Power Balance Scam

scamster

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would that be more scientific?

Not sure if I could stomach it though, would be a laugh :lol: Maybe normal shorts then

People can wear what they want. I just have a problem with the Powerbalance company making a **** load of money off people's naivety...

Good article here: http://bit.ly/am9pBb

Also keep an eye on www.quackwatch.com for similar scams.

I am a scientist so the experiment, with controls, should go as follows:

1 power balance band with hologram (call this X)

1 power balance band with no hologram (call this Y)

Would need at least ten participants. Blindfold the participants.

EXPT 1) Put X on their wrists. Get them to perform balance tests.

Put Y on their wrists. Get them to perform balance tests.

Repeat this at a later stage starting with Y first then X. This removes the effect of anticipation (see article above)

For EXPT 2 repeat above but leave the participants unblindfolded. This test would enable you to investigate the placebo effect.

I would love to do the above experiment, but I am a poor student (who spent all her money on a mountain bike!) so if anyone's willing to lend/buy two powerbalance bands for the sake of science please let me know!!!

I'm sure you will find someone. Ask the PB lovers to lend them to you. As long as you promose to send them back I'm having 1 sent to me for a autopsy :clap:

Interesting reading! Saw some at the LBS for R250 - asked if they're genuine? Didn't get a straight answer.

ya does look like some exploitation.. but as the guy says.. the power of the mind is the strongest power there is.. believe it works and it will..

The balance tests only work because they first do it without the band first and pull you off balance (you then put the band on) and you are expecting it and your body counterbalances, if that makes any sense

That makes perfect sense. It's a load of ***, I'm probably the biggest doubting Thomas out there. Saw the band,saw the orice told the rep to get lost.

ya does look like some exploitation.. but as the guy says.. the power of the mind is the strongest power there is.. believe it works and it will..

+1

If you think you can, or you think that you can't - either way you will be right.

I like these bands - they make an interresting conversation topic.

As far as usefullness, they probably up-there with ipads

The other day at a board meeting, (nogal UK listed company), I counted more powerbands than ipads - I couldn´t help myself cracking a joke about it.