DC Preperation

Graveldonkey

i have to admit R10K is a bit over the top for s a Scott, Silly money, i would rather invest that money in a duplex in Parklands for a better return.

I wish, I cant afford to buy any duplex at the moment.

My wife left me because of the drinking and she took everything.

I think 10k is a good price considering what I paid for it.

Bought it on eBay for $1500 and with shipping and stuff it cost me R14500 landed. I only did about 100km on it so far, I think the guy who I bought it from did about 4000km, its 2007 or something. I am willing to come down to R9000, but nothing less, my next lawyer payment is due and I need to pay him, considering I just spent my last savings on the Orbea!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats all good an well, but can you order them with numbers on them. We need to know in what order to ride, cycling is team sport. Well thats what Supercycling says atleast.

If your multi-rider band fits snugly you'll be riding the same order the whole race with no choice in the matter. No need to tax your brains with numbers - just focus on pedalling your brains out. Hit the Wimpy drive-thru in Montagu and there'll be no need to break formation the whole way.

If your multi-rider band fits snugly you'll be riding the same order the whole race with no choice in the matter. No need to tax your brains with numbers - just focus on pedalling your brains out. Hit the Wimpy drive-thru in Montagu and there'll be no need to break formation the whole way.

I dont think you are taking me seriously, nevermind I will find out for myself.

That "Lange" oke said something about "If you aint first, ur last" or was it"Second is first of the losers"... maybe im confused. could have been Armstrong, no wait, he said "One small step for man kind, a GIANT leap for mankind" that makes no sense in cycling terms

That "Lange" oke said something about "If you aint first, ur last" or was it"Second is first of the losers"... maybe im confused. could have been Armstrong, no wait, he said "One small step for man kind, a GIANT leap for mankind" that makes no sense in cycling terms

No, Armstrong sang: I see trees of green........ red roses too I see em bloom..... for me and for you.

Was one of my favourites on my iPod nano 1GB, which the witch took too.

Guest Frail4Life

You are time crunched and need to put in some hours. Why not start cycling to Swellendam now? You will save on petrol and by the time you arrive you'll be fit and ready to smash your way round the course.

Hey? Do not Cycle to Swellendam, There will be no Space on the Road.

I have already pre-booked that road, there will be NO space on the Road for the two of Us.

ok, so here is the update on Project (no time).

we did a gruelling 64km ride on Sat, it was intense, we all wanted to turn around at the 20km mark, but our fearless Captian saw us through to the 32km mark. he decided to call it a day when he saw cloud approaching.

so in short we dont think that a 64km ride will be enough training to see us through the DC.

P.S.Does anyone havae a spare 58cm bike frame for one of our Team Mates (Gonzo) who broke he's after popping wheelies at the finish line?

ok, so here is the update on Project (no time).

we did a gruelling 64km ride on Sat, it was intense, we all wanted to turn around at the 20km mark, but our fearless Captian saw us through to the 32km mark. he decided to call it a day when he saw cloud approaching.

so in short we dont think that a 64km ride will be enough training to see us through the DC.

P.S.Does anyone havae a spare 58cm bike frame for one of our Team Mates (Gonzo) who broke he's after popping wheelies at the finish line?

GD

Keep in mind that at 64k's into the DC you would have done the two major climbs, so in that sense 64 km's training should be enough.

I wouldn't even consider giving my Peter Alan to a wheelie popping gonzo.

yeah it was. your are exceptionally strong on the uphill.

thats Scott seems to be crabbing a bit. good thing u were riding in the front to block the wind.

so saturday is the big race. we are all excited here at camp Zero and busy prepping our bikes already.

hope you guy have a awesome ride. will see you over the finish line.

do you have any idea what music they will be playing at the finish? must be something dramatic. i get very emotional.

thats Scott seems to be crabbing a bit. good thing u were riding in the front to block the wind.

so saturday is the big race. we are all excited here at camp Zero and busy prepping our bikes already.

do you have any idea what music they will be playing at the finish? must be something dramatic. i get very emotional.

I not sure about, but I have the TopGun soundtrack and will have my Sony Diskman, I will probably be looping Highway to the Dangerzone for the climbs.

That crabbing comes from a fight my wife and I had when I took delivery of the bike, ans she threw it out the flats window. She was upset that I spent R14k on a bike, she said we should have used it to visit her parents in Danville for Christmas. That would have been a bad investment haha.

Have you told the rest of the teams of the Carbo Camp we are having at my place on Friday night yet? Remember to bring your Areospace!!!

cool, i have done so.

i had soemthing more elevating in mind for the crossing the line routine. something like "Love lift us up where we belong" by Joe cocker. or the Top gun song "Take my breathe away".

How early / late is your team leaving the starting grid?

Thats not a problem, my cousin Willie from Kraaifontein has all the Joe Cocker you could ask for, he even has posters in his koshuis room.

I will get him to stand at the finish line with his 2000w brand new DionWired boombox and play that song when the team crosses the line!

We need to start working on a team chant, like the rowers do, this might help us pedal in sync on the climbs.

Edited by ArchedBackChinOut

we leaving at 6:02am you guys?

I can only guess your team is Triomf Staal... I see you are a man short, unless you guys are Trane 2010 (because that would be an apt name) - I am leaving 1 minute before you guys - Metropolitan Social :thumbup:

Check you guys there.