Raleigh bashing

Pot Hole

My previous bike was a Raleigh. I bought one of the first RC6000's. Carbon fork, alu frame and 105 everything (9 speed). It was a really nice bike.

I replaced it with a Scott CR1, full carbon frame, and upgraded to Campagnolo Record. Yes, I prefer the Scott, yes it's lighter.

From a financial PoV, the move to the Scott was a dumb move. Great for bragging rights, but that is all.

The South African Raleighs are great bikes.

I expect willehond will be along in a minute with his contribution.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My previous bike was a Raleigh. I bought one of the first RC6000's. Carbon fork, alu frame and 105 everything (9 speed). It was a really nice bike.

I replaced it with a Scott CR1, full carbon frame, and upgraded to Campagnolo Record. Yes, I prefer the Scott, yes it's lighter.

From a financial PoV, the move to the Scott was a dumb move. Great for bragging rights, but that is all.

The South African Raleighs are great bikes.

I expect willehond will be along in a minute with his contribution.

Ok we need to distinguish here, great bike or top brand?

Ok we need to distinguish here, great bike or top brand?

Absolutely a great bike.

Remember, I bought when the brand was being re-launched in ZA. I was not buying into a brand; from a brand PoV I was taking a risk because at the time Raleigh were exclusively bikes you bought at Game. It was a really, truly nice bike, which I thoroughly enjoyed and loved riding.

Oh, and another thing. Bashing somebody else's stuff is the absolute worst and most negative kind of snobbery.

Chances are whatever you ride, there is somebody out there who has a posher bike.

Chances are also good that whatever you ride, there is somebody out there who can whip your butt and do it on a bike that cost half what your bike cost, or even less.

Whatever it's about, it really is not about the bike.

Quite true. Had a RC2000 (Sora equipped). Raced Vets in N/West with it. Absolutely loved it when those smirks in the start pen (when they check you and your bike over) was wiped away when you power away from them and their Mega Bucks Big Brand bikes.

Did close to 15 000km on that Raleigh without any hassles.

Oh, and another thing. Bashing somebody else's stuff is the absolute worst and most negative kind of snobbery.

Chances are whatever you ride, there is somebody out there who has a posher bike.

Chances are also good that whatever you ride, there is somebody out there who can whip your butt and do it on a bike that cost half what your bike cost, or even less.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Weak weak weak attempt!!!!!! or did you have a power meter on it as well and us mere mortals would not understand the finding!!!!!!!!!!

Chop! It is for intertainment not an attempt at anything.

Hold on a second. Please tell me where I bashed someones bike in this thread????? With a quotation.

Don't overestimate your own importance.

Read the thread topic.

Chop! It is for intertainment not an attempt at anything.

It seems that you had serious frontal lobe brain damage in that fall down the volcano slope when your fork broke!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Don't overestimate your own importance.

Read the thread topic.

Well, where did I bash someones equipment? If you read the entire thread you may see a different side.

I had a Raleigh RM8. Good bike. Good value. Maybe the bike snobs despise these because deep inside they know that they only paid more for the name Cervelo. Or whatever. Made in China??

I do not have the Raleigh any more. My bikes are more expensive now. But I would not say that they are that much better.

There are a few ways to get to the top. One is to do it yourself for yourself. The other one is to use "lesser" people to walk over/stand on to reach a higher level (like a grade 1 bully). The first one is the better one, because if all the "lesser" people disappear from under you on their Raleigh/Mongoose/Silverbacks, you might still be on your podium, but with nobody to cheer you. Remember that you were also one of the "lesser" people at some stage.

Maybe the frame of you top end bike will get even stiffer if it is being balanced with a PowerBalance bracelet.

It seems that you had serious frontal lobe brain damage in that fall down the volcano slope when your fork broke!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Seems like you are starting to see things from that tsetse fly bite you have n your arm. You had better go and get tested for sleeping sickness especially if you have headaches, joint pain, your nodes swell on the back of your neck and you run a fever.

Seems like you are starting to see things from that tsetse fly bite you have n your arm. You had better go and get tested for sleeping sickness especially if you have headaches, joint pain, your nodes swell on the back of your neck and you run a fever.

WHAT I have one on my arm as well...... No noooo noooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........ (H runs away screaming!!!!!!!)