First time back in the saddle

So I went to Tokai this morning, after having a 3 month layoff as a result of a knee injury. Started raining halfway up Faerie, and just got harder. The rain, that is...

And - what a jol it was! Fan-friggin-tastic! It really has been too long, and I was reminded of just how much I love this sport. I was soaking wet, cold, and ripping up the trails. Or trying to, at least. 3 months off the mountain is a long time, after all! And improvising on the pavements and roads just doesn't make up for the experience you gain on the trails.

What a friggin jol it was. Tomorrow? You bet ya!

No idea mate... no idea at all... I'm just trying to take it slow at the moment, otherwise I know I'll go too fast, too soon and wreck all the recovery I've had so far...

But, not going to the forest tomorrow - going to go for a road session, because I can't afford another non-wildcard entry at 30 bucks a pop. It's been that much of a *** month! I will be on the MTB though... trying to check out the different bits of gravel at the side of the road!!!

Next month, fair game. Need a new wildcard as well though...

because I can't afford another non-wildcard entry at 30 bucks a pop

What??? you have to pay to ride Tokai? :unsure:

What price is the "Wildcard" then?

and yes - it is property of TMNP, and is private property. Therefore the owners are entitled to charge an entry fee. Only reasonable, given that they are providing access to walkers, riders, etc etc. All of whom need to pay to enter.