Well done CHOC

Darryl O

Well done to all the CHOC rides.

Especially to those that did 2 laps, the guys on the Ice Cream trucks and those who helped along the way.

And to all the other people who managed to raise money for a worthy course.

Yes - raised over R3 million already and the donation boxes are still open for further donations. As a CHOC cow I got a lot of support on the ride yesterday so thanks to riders and spectators for that.

Respect to the ice cream bike riders. Going up Heartbreak Hill in that heat must have been pretty tough.

Yes congrats :thumbup: I'm thinking of becoming one for next year, And well done to all the guys with the hand bikes, :thumbup: You are inspirational :thumbup:

I thought it was a great effort from the people that sweated it out in that heat. Unbelievable effort and a great cause.

Although I was a little dissapointed to hear some of the Choc team abusing other riders during the ride. Shouting at them to get out the way etc. It was tough for the Choc guys but imagine how the people they were catching up the hills were finding it. They are representing a cause and should always remember that. This was not all of them and under the strain of pulling those carts it can't be easy.

Having said that, well done and keep donating.

Saw one group pushing the trolley on the N14 - back wheel was in very bad shape - hope they made it. Lots of respect - must have been boiling in those suits!

I thought it was a great effort from the people that sweated it out in that heat. Unbelievable effort and a great cause.

Although I was a little dissapointed to hear some of the Choc team abusing other riders during the ride. Shouting at them to get out the way etc. It was tough for the Choc guys but imagine how the people they were catching up the hills were finding it. They are representing a cause and should always remember that. This was not all of them and under the strain of pulling those carts it can't be easy.

A different perspective.......I was assisting/supporting one of the "ice-cream bikes".......We were asking people to keep left...or right as the bike did not have brakes, so unable to stop. So - we thought it a necessary courtesy to kinda warn people we coming through. Also - these bikes are not easy to swerve if necessary in an emergency. So, it was not meant to be rude or disrespetful to the other riders, but to be forewarned of a group coming through due to the awkward nature of this bike. No harm meant so apologies if it sounded harsh at times. Bear in mind if we coming from behind, we neede to raise our voice so the person in front of us could hear. Whenever we passed someone after they had moved over, we always said thanks vey much........Yes - these "bikes" were a challenge to ride/steer. Our cart - the seat post collapsed as well.

Riding as a cow this year was the most amazing experience, and would highly recommend it to anyone, rockstar status on the route with everyone supporting the CHOC Cows, you can feel like death and every-time you pass a spectator they lift your spirits for you (specially helpful while dying on a 2nd lap)

Yes congrats :thumbup: I'm thinking of becoming one for next year, And well done to all the guys with the hand bikes, :thumbup: You are inspirational :thumbup:

Feniks, you will not regret it, its really awesome

As said by another cow (WhuYu), wasnt intentional to be "rude" but more for the safety of the other rides on the route, i played around on the ice cream bike at expo and childrens cycle race and almost rolled them, they are not easy to control!

Heard one of the Choc ice cream bike riders hit the deck by the Zoo, hope he's ok!

Mad props to those okes though!

Our RTT sponsored ice cream had a nasty accident on Jan smuts, last report that he is ok in hospital, but has a couple of broken bones (including colar bone)

Saw one group pushing the trolley on the N14 - back wheel was in very bad shape - hope they made it. Lots of respect - must have been boiling in those suits!

I was just behind them on my 2nd loop on the N14 and they managed to revive the TIBCO ice cream bike (with no front brakes for the rest of the ride), the amazing thing is that it was powered by one of our Apocalyptic cows who had finished his first lap in 2:45 and then rushed through again to take over his ice cream bike!

The support out there was amazing for the cows, I'll never be able to ride the 94.7 as a non cow, its really a special experience and thanks for all the on route support!

GO COWS!!!!

eish, i think i was shouting that and "GO PINK!" in my sleep... was at the pinkdrive truck on the N14 but we were all supporting the cows extra as well :thumbup: :clap:

you guys really were amazing and the number wearing cow suits was incredible - the heat was atrocious but you guys kept going for a brilliant cause :clap: :clap: :clap:

as to the need to get out the way - there is a huge difference between having someone on an easy-to-manouvre single bike shouting and then flying by, but it is a WHOLE LOT more understandable and acceptable when the "shouter" comes past and you see that it is a tandem (needs a whole lot further to stop) or a full.stop.tough.to.handle-ice cream bike - i would not even remotely consider it rude if one of those yelled at me to be careful

Thanks for the kind words.

I was one of the cows pulling and ice-cream cart up the hills. And yes we did a lot of shouting, but it was for peoples safety. We tried to keep it as nice as possible, but the screaming was for the riders with their iPods in their ears. Although I understand how nice is is to listen to music, in a race as big as the 94.7 it shouldn't be allowed and its a waste anyway with the great atmosphere around you. In the way we where connected it was basically impossible to slow down quickly or swerve out. We had some guys (not even cows) helping getting people out of the way and helping pushing/pulling. We actually got into a almost very serious accident because someone refused to get out of the way, in some kind of spite. He ended up taking down about 6 people including his wife.

Sorry about babbling on, was actually just going to say, thanks to everyone that supported the cows and sorry if any of the words sounded nasty.

Thank you to everybody that supported the-COWS!

It took me a while to realise why we ride in COW suits, Ice Cream bikes, Double laps and some that did the MTB on Sat & either a single or double on Sun etc. It's a challenge to be different, if it was easy everybody would do it? Kids with Cancer don't have it easy, if you're poor & stay outta town it's even harder! This is what CHOC takes care of for those kids and families.

I take my hat off to guys riding ice cream bikes, there were stages that they were only propelled by the rider, a single speed, approx 50 kg bike, that's serious in anybody's books!

I'll def be back next year as a COW, the how CraziNESS is still to be decided! :blink:

Love Living Life!

:thumbup: