94.7 MTB results issue

buckd

Firstly I must say that the 50km MTB race was a big improvement from last year and the organizers need to be complimented. (Better route and improved marshalling.) The loose wire on the route should be easy to resolve next year?

From my point of view the one irritating issue that I would like to see improved is the time it takes to release the results and the detail/quality of the results from the MTB races.

1)48 hours after the race the results are still not available(the road race results are available in less than 24 hours)

2)It would appear that they will once again not show results by category. The overall position is a "nice to know" but I race in the master’s category and would like to know where I finished in my age group. Is this something others want resolved or am I alone in this way of thinking?

I suspect this is a cost/greed issue which can easily be resolved by chip timing the race but I assume the cost would be higher? This must be one of the few MTB races in the country where you have no idea how you did in your category.

Much smaller MTB races use timing chips, so there is no excuse.

Can't see why they are not able to publish resluts in age categories?

Agree!!!! I e-mailed the help-line and was told they were up so I checked and still nothing so I e-mailed them again. No reply!! Can't believe it takes SOOOOOO long. rediculous!

MTB riders paid for their enries as did the roadies....we shouldn't tolerate inferior service. Perhaps if cyclists voiced their disssatsfaction by sending an email to key sponsors...highveld radio and more importantly to Momentum Life the organisers would take a dffrent view?

I think the problem is that there is no chip required for the MTB race, so getting the results right becomes a number to name matching procedure - can take a bit of time to do this.

Race should be timed with a chip like the road race

I think the problem is that there is no chip required for the MTB race, so getting the results right becomes a number to name matching procedure - can take a bit of time to do this.

Race should be timed with a chip like the road race

=vlookup(a1,b1:b645551)

This sucks,

Started one Group Back A3, not A2 where i was seeded, now my result shows an A2 Start, so my result is actually like 10 minutes worse. 2h43, not 2h33 :(

This sucks,

Started one Group Back A3, not A2 where i was seeded, now my result shows an A2 Start, so my result is actually like 10 minutes worse. 2h43, not 2h33 :(

Now how are the timers to know you started one group back...? You know, so take off 10 minutes and all is fine. The results don't mean much, unless you're top 3 in your category, which I'm guessing you're not, based on your 2h33!

@Stretched at Birth-

Quite Correct, when you're riding for postion 190th as opposed to 350th, it doesnt really matter.

THat said, surely, a race of this stature should have a proper timing system? Or am I wrong?

Just saying

@Stretched at Birth-

Quite Correct, when you're riding for postion 190th as opposed to 350th, it doesnt really matter.

THat said, surely, a race of this stature should have a proper timing system? Or am I wrong?

Just saying

They do have a proper timing system: Finish Time - Starting Time for your allocated batch = Race Time. The fact that it is not automated is an entirely different debate (which is included in this thread). Your choice to move back a batch, therefore, the 10 mins time difference.

My opinion on the automated timing is that it is not necessary, I have a computer on my bike, and keep track of my race results to compare PB's, etc. If I were racing for porition, I'd expect the race organisers to keep accurate timing of the top 10 positions, be that manually or automagically.