Odd times for 94.7

Stof akkedis

Howdy

Did my first 94.7 and first time using a timing chip. How is it that me and my partner started together stayed together and finished together but have a 16 min time difference and gives a 20 min slower time than my edge??? :thumbdown:

Yea I dropped back Somebody needs to push the girlfriend

Was your start time ~16 minutes before hers? I think I see the issue here!

My time started when I crossed the mat - VB number, yet started in the Y bunch and got about 52 seconds difference between my Garmin and the Winningtime Racetec time. The 52 seconds was about the time it took me to cross the mat at the start.

Guest agteros

I started my Garmin the moment the gun went for the batch, and stopped it as I went over the first timing mats at the finish. My time was spot on down to the second. But then, I started in my seeded batch.

Howdy

Did my first 94.7 and first time using a timing chip. How is it that me and my partner started together stayed together and finished together but have a 16 min time difference and gives a 20 min slower time than my edge??? :thumbdown:

The results that are out are only provisional. If you dropped back a few categories, they usually use the start time of your assigned category, but will be rectified when the final results are published.

I have had this issue in the past, and it's been a bit disheartening when your buddy beats you according to the provisional results, but as they say, he who laughs last laughs the best...

I started my Garmin the moment the gun went for the batch, and stopped it as I went over the first timing mats at the finish. My time was spot on down to the second. But then, I started in my seeded batch.

last year i didn't - it told me on the results that i started in xx, and not where i was seeded. don't know anyone who didn't start in their batch this year - but last year the batch where you started didn't matter.

Guest agteros

last year i didn't - it told me on the results that i started in xx, and not where i was seeded. don't know anyone who didn't start in their batch this year - but last year the batch where you started didn't matter.

Quite right, started XX last year, and rode a genuine 6:22. Was supposed to have started just over 2hours before my actual start time. 2009 start batch and time was reflected correctly from the first time I had a look.

Howdy

Is your Auto Pause / Lap on?

If on - your Edge will not record time spent at water points etc.

Is your Auto Pause / Lap on?

If on - your Edge will not record time spent at water points etc.

would it make that big a difference? i stopped at 5 water tables - and difference between cat-eye (only measuring when wheels are turning) and suunto was around 2 minutes.

maybe if you stopped for a massage?