94.7 ASCENT

Spinnerman

My edge 500 shows 1,249m Elevation Gain.

I got 1,181m and 1,184m on my Edge 500. Interesting...

Have you calibrated yours? I haven't - just popped it on and rode.

I got 1,181m and 1,184m on my Edge 500. Interesting...

Have you calibrated yours? I haven't - just popped it on and rode.

mmm, interesting. I haven't calibrated or set any elevation points...

But what I did do was to map the route on MapMyRide, export to file (set route time to 3 hours), import as a course in Training Center, export course to device...

It was pretty cool to see "Time ahead: 2m05s" after the N14 on the device... but "Time behind: (can't remember)" after the city loop had me a little worried :)

Very cool little gadgets them Edge 500s

On my Edge 500 I got 1189m. Love my Edge 500!

If 94.7 was 1189m , does any-one know how much the Argus would be ? more or less? My preperation for 94.7 was hopelesly not enough ,I dont want to make the same mistake and travel 1300 km to Cape Town just to hit the wall after 50km's!

If 94.7 was 1189m , does any-one know how much the Argus would be ? more or less? My preperation for 94.7 was hopelesly not enough ,I dont want to make the same mistake and travel 1300 km to Cape Town just to hit the wall after 50km's!

search function top right corner is pretty handy

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/64883-the-argus-cycle-tour-total-ascent/page__p__964703__hl__argus+ascent__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=964703