Triathlon setup

EpicRider

Does anybody have some advice on how to do this?Can i do it myself?

Or should i take my bike somewhere for someone to assist?Any suggestions who can help in Cape town area?

I have the tt bars

Cheers

I have done my setup myself but it has taken some time to get it right. I am still having to do some tweaks here and there after about 12 hours of actual riding. If you have the time and knowledge I say do it yourself, if you want a quick fix go see someone with your cheque book in hand.

do you intendt putting tt bars on your normal road bike? if you are then i would say just play around till you get to a comfortable position as there isnt major geometric requirements, if you have a TT bike i would say have a pro do your setup, i used Cyclefit ( Richard Baxter ) and havent looked back!! it makes a huge difference

yes i will be putting the time trial bars on my normal road bike

My adive would be to google "triathlon set up". This will give you the basics then tweak it as you go along.

The fundamentals are:

Move your saddle forward few centimetres (road bikes tend to be longer than TT bikes with a more relaxed seat tube angle).

Recheck saddle height after moving saddle forward (as you move it forward the effective saddle height reduces).

Some people tilt the saddle down a bit.

Set the TT bars wide enough to be able to breath easily.

Set the height of the bars as low as feel comfortable on (depending on how flexy your back is).

Set the bars as far forward as you feel comfortable on (depending on how flexy your back is and if the bikes gets twitchy).

Check your cleat position - as you move forward on the bike you may have to move your shoes backwards a bit.

Hmmm what else? I think thats about it.

Or pay R100 and get a professional setup at CyleLab TygerManor... that's what I'm doing next week. Craig knows his stuff, and does a good job...