Trail Riding ?

Pyps

I have started MTB for a month now and are getting interested in trail riding im a bit over weight. But busy losing some weight. I have an 2 old wheelers standing at home which i don't use. Any of you trail riders can give me some advise if I want to convert one of them into a trail bike.

http://www.bicycling.co.za/video/danny-macaskills-amazing-tricks-v-2

I was watching this video and something told me "DONT TRY THIS"

But that guy is insanely good

:)

Awesome vid! I can only dream about maybe in my next life being able to jump a phone booth like that :thumbup:

Check out a book called " tricks and techniques" by Martyn Ashtons. Very well written starting with the basics and then moving on building base techniques for doing basically anything on a bike. You can get it on Kalahari :)

Trailriding is where you ride up and down the mountain, mostly single track, often purpose built for MTB and out in the wilds, often on a full suspension MTB.

Trials, on the other hand, is when you try to ride near impossible obstacles without putting your foot down and using a very specialized type of bike, sometimes even without a saddle.

Man, I'd love to be able to have just a little bit of Danny Mac's skill. I have a plan how to achieve this:

First I,m going to get myself s time travel machine, then go beck forty-something years and choose my parents very carefully for superb balance and agility. Then I'll travel forewards again 5 years or so and start practicing hours a day for 15 years or more (haven't figured out a quick way to do this yet). Hopefully, with some luck thrown in to avoid too many broken bones, I'll be able to ride like that!

Trailriding is where you ride up and down the mountain, mostly single track, often purpose built for MTB and out in the wilds, often on a full suspension MTB.

Trials, on the other hand, is when you try to ride near impossible obstacles without putting your foot down and using a very specialized type of bike, sometimes even without a saddle.

Man, I'd love to be able to have just a little bit of Danny Mac's skill. I have a plan how to achieve this:

First I,m going to get myself s time travel machine, then go beck forty-something years and choose my parents very carefully for superb balance and agility. Then I'll travel forewards again 5 years or so and start practicing hours a day for 15 years or more (haven't figured out a quick way to do this yet). Hopefully, with some luck thrown in to avoid too many broken bones, I'll be able to ride like that!

It is easy without going to all that effort. Buy a Powerbalance band :D :D :D

Chris, now you have contaminated a new hubber's thread with dangerous stuff (those umnentionable bands).

Ok cool thanks alot im going to post a pic of the bike that i want to use in a few days just to get an idee if it would work.