Guess I will be using Dunkeld Cycles again after all

rattlesnake

I only use Dunkeld as have only had great service from them. Why dont you address the matter with Mark or Merlyn before spending more money as they will come to the party. If you want really expensive service then go to Mikes Bikes. Can get you a reference from a non hubber who definitly wont be using Mikes Bikes again.

Mikes bikes has good service but he's very expensive! My boet just sent in his bike for a service. Replaced rear cogs, chainrings & chain. Cost him R3500 and thats for low spec components! Not even XT!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only use Dunkeld as have only had great service from them. Why dont you address the matter with Mark or Merlyn before spending more money as they will come to the party. If you want really expensive service then go to Mikes Bikes. Can get you a reference from a non hubber who definitly wont be using Mikes Bikes again.

I guess its just the frustration of having to take my bike back there for a third time in a month, I really don't like having to fight with the guys. There is nothing wrong with their attitudes, they are all nice guys, there is just nothing more frustrating then getting on your bike after a major service and having a cr@p ride because the bike hasn't been serviced properly. One would think that they would check that everything is working properly before they call you to pick it up.

Dunno if calling them and taking it back again is going to solve anything, they have had the bike for 3 weeks and couldn't get the back brakes right, seriously if they can't get it right then will they ever?

Had a similar incident with Bruce Reynecke in PTA, actually it's ongoing! hopfully getting the bike today. NOTHING that I took it in for was done, BB play, rear wheel play, rear brake rub - All exactly the same after service and the guy had the ignorance to tell me there is no play before I showed him. WTF??

I'm spending my money on tools in future rather that bike service as it is not rocket science, just need the tools!! :thumbup:

Only 2 workshops/people I use: Johan Bornman and Josh at Cyclists Workshop.

Good for you but there are many other capable guys around :thumbup:

I must be honest I don't generally bother to e-mail bike shops (or other shops unless it's big retailers) as a phone call is way better. Mail, who know's if and when someone will read it so unless it is not urgent I use the phone but ja that's just me ....

I only use Big H cycle repairs. None of my six bikes has ever seen the inside of a bike shop and never will.

For R1100-00 you could have purchased a few basic tools ..... other than those you already have to do your own servicing. Bike servicing is no great mystery of black art. You need a good book, common sense and the tools.

Edited by Big H

For road bikes I've had 3 services with Dunkeld Cycles - each time it felt like my bike was brand new, excellent service, absolutely no problems :clap: :clap:

Just Cylces and Pro Cylces in the Far East....

Just Cycles are god but I found them expensive.

Where's Pro Cycles ?

Why don't you just try giving a call, instead of simmering, you may not like confrontation but if you address it correctly you'll be surprised what you can sometimes accomplish. As you said, you feel that you have a reasonable relationship with the guys at the shop. I feel that a posting such as yours should be a last resort when the relationship has totally broken down. I think that your bike slipped between the cracks and the matter could easily have been rectified to your satisfaction. By the way, I don't work at the shop, I just feel for the guys who have gone the extra mile for me on numerous occasions and are having their reputation tarnished without the option to rectify the issue at hand.

Hey Just has to support my daughter and 2 grandsons so go there :angry:

Where's Pro Cycles ?

They that good :o

Edited by scotty

Why don't you just try giving a call, instead of simmering, you may not like confrontation but if you address it correctly you'll be surprised what you can sometimes accomplish. As you said, you feel that you have a reasonable relationship with the guys at the shop. I feel that a posting such as yours should be a last resort when the relationship has totally broken down. I think that your bike slipped between the cracks and the matter could easily have been rectified to your satisfaction. By the way, I don't work at the shop, I just feel for the guys who have gone the extra mile for me on numerous occasions and are having their reputation tarnished without the option to rectify the issue at hand.

I appreciate your input but the guys did have a chance to rectify it and failed at it. Again like i said, if they couldn't get it right after having it for 3 weeks, chances are they won't.

Sorry Andy I like you but what is wrong with a phone call ?

If my lbs. wasn't around anymore I would use Dunkeld.

Whats wrong with email?

If they arent willing to respond to emails then they shouldnt display their email address...

Where's Pro Cycles ?

Pro Cycles is in 5th Avenue (heading east along Northrand) Northmead Benoni, the mech there used to wrench for Barloworld and Tumbleweed works weekend there.