clipping out accidents

Face Plant

i was thinking earlier that this has to be something that everybody has encounted atleast once! maybe standing on the start line of a race? maybe at a stop street? :blush: ive had two lets call them laydowns from not clipping out in time, what about you guys?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did that in full view of a hub ride at NF last year. My excuse was that my ankles were still weak from an accident :oops:

Never. I always unclip a few metres before I need to stop.

you clip in before you stop? and you haven't fallen yet?

Had one when I was just getting used to cleats, lay down in front of the gate to the driveway. Mate of mine had a lie down last year on the start line at the OFM Classic. Starter was trying to get everyone going asking which rugby team they supported. He was the only chop chucking both hands in the air(was holding onto me) when shouting Eastern Province!!! Broke the tension (and his ego) for sure

Was offered a spin on a R80k+ mtb, full carbon with a carbon saddle and all the bells and whistles to get a feel how the extra 50k and carbon compared to my alloy version. I run Times and this bike had egg-beaters. No problem, just a light spin and wont clip in. Lo and behold my cleats wedged into the pedals and as I rolled back to the nervous owner I just stopped and fell over. Managed to fall on my body to save all the plastic. So, so ungraceful and embarrasing. Made a hasty run for my car and the door. :blush:

2 or three times...

Amazing how the absence of pain experienced after/as a result of the fall, is directly proportionate to how stoopid/emabarrassing the reason for the fall was... :D

I can do a track stand... for long... I don't need to unclip ;)

This is the reason why i have learnt to do a track stand