Frame Restoration

divernick

Yeah, it looks real nice, well done. Which way to turn the brake bosses loose? is it the std rightie tightie, left loosey?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it looks real nice, well done. Which way to turn the brake bosses loose? is it the std rightie tightie, left loosey?

Yup, standard thread.

Looking at your pictures, I couldn't help but want to share one I took of mine after some loving attention with Silvo over the weekend.

post-3655-0-88853800-1300383928.jpg

(My lesson: Ball burnished without clear coat looks amazing, but it's hard work to keep it that way unfortunately...)

Looking at your pictures, I couldn't help but want to share one I took of mine after some loving attention with Silvo over the weekend.

post-3655-0-88853800-1300383928.jpg

(My lesson: Ball burnished without clear coat looks amazing, but it's hard work to keep it that way unfortunately...)

That looks sweet, but can imagine a lot of up keep :thumbup:

i LOOVVVVEEEEE threads like this!

So inspirational. Make you wanna go buy any frame and just polish away.

Agreed, the polished look is AMAZING!!! Can't you polish it and send it for clear powder coating or a clear coat with a panel beater?

Edited by Grebel

• 3 weeks later...

I want to upgrade my stem, seatpost & handlebars - What brands to look out for and how will I know which stem is right for me?

The current stem is very long, do I try set it up the same as my full suspension bike.

I wanna go with a riser bar(no bar-ends) again, how do I know whats right for me?

I think the rule is that when you are sitting on your bike with the saddle height and position set up right (perpendicular knee joint and pedal centre line with the corect bend in the knee at full extension etc) with your hands on the bars in your normal riding position, you need to see your front axle about 20mm behind your bars when you look down.

The brand depends on what you like and can afford!!

PS do you have Fazel's number handy? I have a small patch of clearcoat on my wife's car that is peeling off and needs to be repaired. A panel beater will more that likely want to respray the whole panel so I wanted to get him to quote to repair the affected area only and see which comes out cheaper. Besides the fact that he does an amazing job so you probably won't be able to see the patch when he is finished!

Edited by Grebel

I think the rule is that when you are sitting on your bike with the saddle height and position set up right (perpendicular knee joint and pedal centre line with the corect bend in the knee at full extension etc) with your hands on the bars in your normal riding position, you need to see your front axle about 20mm behind your bars when you look down.

The brand depends on what you like and can afford!!

PS do you have Fazel's number handy? I have a small patch of clearcoat on my wife's car that is peeling off and needs to be repaired. A panel beater will more that likely want to respray the whole panel so I wanted to get him to quote to repair the affected area only and see which comes out cheaper. Besides the fact that he does an amazing job so you probably won't be able to see the patch when he is finished!

Its somewhere on this thread :thumbup:

Its somewhere on this thread :thumbup:

I had a look but couldn't find anything, so I asked my friend Google (should have hone that in the first place I suppose!) In case any body else is looking here are the details:

CUSTOM CRAFT SPRAYPAINTERS

117 OLD MAIN ROAD

3610 PINETOWN

Phone: (+27) 31-7093514

Fax: (+27) 31-7093514

GEO: -29.813643, 30.856653

:thumbup: