[Event] Le Coq Sportif Tour De Boland

Events Bot

Nope sorry tankman - no luck for you

I see they ask you to bring you climbing legs for the criterium; going over a "very hilly route"

This tour is definitely not sprinter friendly :lol:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Tarmac - Cat 1 is going to be TUFFF!

Our elites are considering entering a small team for Cat 1 - will probably confirm this week.

But the Subvets have decided to take the easier options. We plan to have a few beers in between stages as well. :)

Who says no beers/wine between stages for Cat1??

Cheers!

:clap:

Nope sorry tankman - no luck for you

I see they ask you to bring you climbing legs for the criterium; going over a "very hilly route"

This tour is definitely not sprinter friendly :lol:

Then I shall rater come and support you with the few beers in between stages :thumbup:

Who knows, after a couple of cold ones we might even get the bright idea to find that flat piece of tar for a sprint/drag race :lol:

BODYANDBIKE will have daily ICE BATHS and Post Race MASSAGES for weary Tour de Boland legs

ICE BATHS: once off fee of R50 will buy you as many ice baths as you require through the week

MASSAGES: from 14h00 till late, the whole practice is shut down just for post race massages. Treatment time = 45minutes. A couple of spots are still available, but booking is essential.

mail me: physiocentre@iafrica.com. Or phone on Monday 021 910 2840

Who'd like to volunteer their services for this event - drivers, mechanics, hosts/hostesses, plenty of work... email info@tourdeboland.co.za

Nice meeting you today man - see you guys tomorrow for assistance. (Kris)

I see traffic officers on every corner of the race route through my hometown of Paarl.

Clear and consistent signage for the racers for the opening stage.

Looking good!!

Has anyone noticed how well Herman Fouche has been doing since his comeback from suspension, great result in the tour of SA, got a 2nd on stage 1, now wins the first stage of the TDB, what a comeback and well done!

I reckon all of us who made the Fouche jokes a while back are eating our shoes atm ......

for updates - @cyclingacademy on twitter....admin, could you run it on the front page as you did with ToSA svp?

I see that they on stage 4 they do a section of the Jan Phillips Mountain Drive - that's going to be fun on a roadbike. Will be interesting to see whether the riders change their tyres.

I see that they on stage 4 they do a section of the Jan Phillips Mountain Drive - that's going to be fun on a roadbike. Will be interesting to see whether the riders change their tyres.

They're doing a tiny section thereof - and last time I went across that bit, it was scraped quite nicely. Not sure of the bit from KWV up to the dam, I just went N-S and back to N again.

Nice addition! :thumbup:

went up there with Paarl official today, doing another scrape, adding some amanzi, mix some mud, we can do lekker cakes on friday..