chinese carbon????

jcvwburger

I can vouch for a chinese made frame - my cannondele super six hi-mod is made in china and it is an absolute joy. Jokes aside, a buddy of mine (not a hubber) bought na unbranded Kuota Kredo from the Chinese manufacturer 2 years ago - bear in mind he is 6feet 4inches and 105 kilos - not a day's problem with the frame, fork, headset and seatpost. At the price you pay you simply throw it away if something happens and buy a replacement.

As posted previously I am also seriously thinking of buying an unbranded dogma from the same seller my buddy originally bought from - just waiting for the confirmation on size. Even if it is made of a lower grade carbon the dogma is the most comfortable road bike that I have had the pleasure of riding and at $450 landed it is a give away. I have already sourced a supplier of the dogma stickers from Brazil :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can vouch for a chinese made frame - my cannondele super six hi-mod is made in china and it is an absolute joy. Jokes aside, a buddy of mine (not a hubber) bought na unbranded Kuota Kredo from the Chinese manufacturer 2 years ago - bear in mind he is 6feet 4inches and 105 kilos - not a day's problem with the frame, fork, headset and seatpost. At the price you pay you simply throw it away if something happens and buy a replacement.

As posted previously I am also seriously thinking of buying an unbranded dogma from the same seller my buddy originally bought from - just waiting for the confirmation on size. Even if it is made of a lower grade carbon the dogma is the most comfortable road bike that I have had the pleasure of riding and at $450 landed it is a give away. I have already sourced a supplier of the dogma stickers from Brazil :D

The pina frames are only available in a 54cm.

Does anyone know the name of the manufacturers of the unbranded Dogmas? Keen to check them out- what is the website?

Is there anyone else that does these frames locally besides Cycle Buzz? Looking at a carbon 26" hardtail

Is there anyone else that does these frames locally besides Cycle Buzz? Looking at a carbon 26" hardtail

Look on Ebay.

Look on Ebay.

Was thinking someone more local. I see that Cyclebuzz do a three year warrenty on thier frames, peice of mind and so I can compare their no-name brands to some one else that does them, speak to people :thumbup:

@Cyclebuzz - Do you sell a carbon 29" hard tail frame? What does it weigh and what is the price?

Yes, 29er carbon hardtails are available.

Please PM me your mail address and I will gladly send you more info regarding the 29er frames. Or send me an e-mail at gawie@cyclebuzz.co.za.

I can vouch for a chinese made frame - my cannondele super six hi-mod is made in china and it is an absolute joy.

I believe Cannondale's production is in Taiwan, trekpostal.

(wink)

the "made in china" sticker was the every first thing I noticed on the 2010 hi-mod's we have - yours being a team issue might have the label removed ;)

And, I agree, that there are exceptional quality product from the East.

AND some risky suppliers.

Sounds like this distributor is quite credible.

the "made in china" sticker was the every first thing I noticed on the 2010 hi-mod's we have - yours being a team issue might have the label removed ;)

Oh, okay.

I agree.

Nothing wrong with the quality of this 'Dale.

Saw a chinese Dogma today, going for 7k. cant see the difference but im sure it wont be able to take the pressure from the big guys.

JUST BECAUSE ITS BLACK DOES NOT MEAN ITS CARBON ,a year or two ago some guys were actually dyeing conventional E-Glass black and calling it carbon, and yes there were failures, I am not saying its the case here though. E-Glass is your standard fibreglass filament, commonly used in most composite applications.

R3SL

And, I agree, that there are exceptional quality product from the East.

AND some risky suppliers.

Sounds like this distributor is quite credible.

Which distributor is that?

Bender - I'm confused by your answer. Was cyclebuzz selling e-glass frames - the same buzz that posted on this topic?