Gooi your opinion on Yeti Bikes

Vetseun

I got a buddy to rides a Yeti Mtb. Cant remember the model name. Its full carbon and cost a fortune.He is now on his fourth frame, each previous frame cracked. There was absolutely no issues with replacing the frame, the after sale service was superb. To me this is a lovely looking bike and I fancy one. Does anybody know of other people having frame failures on these bikes?

I bought an ASR5 carbon about two months ago. Have not had any failure to report, but just did SabieX with it. No trouble from it except that you need to be fit - it wants to go fast up the hills! Awesome bike and Morningside's service is very good

Shot, thanks Bru

I bought an ASR5 carbon about two months ago. Have not had any failure to report, but just did SabieX with it. No trouble from it except that you need to be fit - it wants to go fast up the hills! Awesome bike and Morningside's service is very good

Four cracked frames and want one? What if it breaks at massive speed on a rocky descent and completly shears?

Have a look at yetifan. Quite a few discussions on frame failures esp rear triangles. Dont think the number of failures is significant. I suppoese it depends on if you are the guy with the cracked carbon or not.

Most of the manufacturers have had failures here and there, with the demand for lighter frames and parts the risk factor is higher. Generally we can't have stuff that's lighter, stronger and cheaper.