Has anybody ridden the road from gordons bay to kleinmont?

wozman

I often ride there and it is beatiful ride. It is better to ride in the early the morning when the road is quiet.

I think the road is safe, but some section the road is quite narrow. Just keep your eyes open...

Thank you, going up there for a bit of a break and want to ride to Kleinmont, i drove there the other day and it is really stunning views, was just wondering on the safety aspect. thanks for the heads up i look forward to doing it.

I do it often. It is very safe to do so, but certain sections of road are narrow with little yellow line as states. Only place I have ever had issues is the little narrow bridge about 5km from Gordon's bay. There is not enough space for a bike and car so make sure you got a safe ride through there. Otherwise never had issues with people as the road is too busy.

One of the most beautiful rides in the worlds!!!!!!!!

Not suited for bunch riding of even two abreast. Stick to the rules and remember there is almost NO shoulder. The road leads to Hermanus where the rich oke stay..... sooo 4x4's with big bullbars...... but it is scenic and nice to ride.

Lovely road.

Used to drive it often when we used to go looking for crayfish.

Never had the privilage of riding on it, but I will do it oneday.

Isnt the road upto the dam from there as well?

Steep bugger I hear.

Lovely road.

Used to drive it often when we used to go looking for crayfish.

Never had the privilage of riding on it, but I will do it oneday.

Isnt the road upto the dam from there as well?

Steep bugger I hear.

yep, steep as hell,Epic went that way two years ago, The road to Kleinmond is relatively safe, just ride smart, sometimes on early morning the okes are on their way to pull Kreef with their boats, the boats are mostly wider than the car/bakkie, so watch out for that!! Enjoy]

Rode from Betty's Bay to Gordons Bay and back one of the best rides i've had, no wind and the sea was like glass. Great ride and great views. Traffic not a big problem they dont tend to burn it through there.

Edited by Ceres

Guys guys guys......

Lets rephrase the question.

Is it safe riding any road with no shoulder where you the rider is forced to share the same space with cars?

OR

Is its safe riding a road with no shoulder where the rider shares the same space with cars where the road also contains many twists and turns?

OR

Is it safe riding a road with no shoulder where you the rider has to share the same space on a road with many twists and turns of which road also offers stunning scenery to distract the concentration of motorists spending time admiring the beutifull scenery?

OR

Is it safe riding a road with no shoulder where you the rider has to share the same space as cars on a road that tempts motorcyclists and people in "fast" cars with fur on the dash board to "push the corners" because it is so twisty?

This Gordans bay to Rooi Els is exactly what is described above. Maybe some of you have riden this road 3 times a week for years with no incident yet..... but that does not make it a safe road.Remember it is the festive season and tis road is allot bussier than usual.

FOOL YOURSELF AT YOUR OWN PERIL.

i would like to know the stats,

how many people on bikes that are clipped or hit on roads with no shoulder compared to roads with a large shoulder. I think that we will all be suprized.

I would be more worried about about some of the bikers that use that road. Some of them think of it as their personal raceway. I used to ride on my 'Blade there and some of the bikers were just plain crazy, going way faster than their talent.

I am also interested since I also want to do that ride often after I have built up my roady. I have only recently rejoined cycling as cross-training for my surf ski racing.