You Know You Are A Pretty Serious Endurance Athlete When...

'Dale

...serve Christmas lunch for youself in a slightly smaller plate...

Edited by AirBender

... there's no real break in training whether it is Reconciliation Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day, etc...

Edited by AirBender

I serve Christmas lunch for myself in a smaller plate...

Must admit Airbender - You can tap yourselve on the back.

I should have - but did not and today I feel guilty and cross with myself :angry:

Why , Why o why?? :)

When you sneak in a 130k ride before Christmas lunch........and although you allowed yourself a sleep in this morning, you know you've got that 30k run to do this afternoon :)

When I resume training on Boxing Day without any doubt in my mind... even though I am tired from the feasting. :blink:

Boxing Day? Loser, we did 4.5 hours on Christmas Day...

Must admit Airbender - You can tap yourselve on the back.

I should have - but did not and today I feel guilty and cross with myself :angry:

Why , Why o why?? :)

Mads, social pressure is so high, man.

My family looks at me laaik: "You're weird..." :blush:

When you sneak in a 130k ride before Christmas lunch........and although you allowed yourself a sleep in this morning, you know you've got that 30k run to do this afternoon :)

Warf, you are training for 70.3, eh?

Well done, man. :thumbup:

Boxing Day? Loser, we did 4.5 hours on Christmas Day...

Phenomenal - you and your bunch qualify as E X T R E M E "serious endurance" peoples! :rolleyes:

Ugh almost killed myself this morning. Tom Jenkens is HELL without breakfast on the road bike... And the you realize... You need a bigger granny gear :)

And I didn't even have a pagan day lunch yesterday... Just lasagne and a small Lemon Meringue tart.

Guest agteros

77k ride on Christmas morning. 14k run on Boxing day morning. Need to reshuffle my training running & cycling for the coming week around a funeral :(

I know I am training when I walk into the gym and my hair is still wet from the first training session shower!

I skipped training on Xmas day but did a 110k ride on Friday followed by a 5k run and this morning did an 19k run.

77k ride on Christmas morning. 14k run on Boxing day morning. Need to reshuffle my training running & cycling for the coming week around a funeral :(

Are you upset about the funeral or having to reshuffle your training?

xmas day did 60km ride and today 26th December did 166km solo ride over Sir Lowry's Pass, Viljoens Pass, Franshoek Pass and Hells Hoogte. Got home @ 10h25 jumped into the shower and then took the family out for the day.