Xterra Buffelspoort

Grondpad

So, its less than 4 weeks till Xterra Buffelspoort.

Who’s doing the big one and who’s doing the lite? What times are you aiming for?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, its less than 4 weeks till Xterra Buffelspoort.

Who’s doing the big one and who’s doing the lite? What times are you aiming for?

My first multi sport event, so I just want to finish :0) I am doing the Lite version.

:lol: not even close to hardcore..... i leave that to dangle and the boys!

but the ultra tri is a half iron man distance so the xterra would be a good gauge as to how ready i would be for it.

Edited by Face Plant

Awesome race!!! My favourite race of the year. Might miss it this year due to the IM70.3 the week before and I might still be down there for holiday... :(

Did 4:15 last year, but the mud reduced my bike to a singlespeed stuck in a slow gear. If I get up here early enough to race it this year, I'll aim for about 3:20!!!

Edited by rudi-h

My first triathlon as well, entered the big one. Am cool with the riding and running, k@kking myself for the swim...

k@kking myself for the swim...

Yip me too.

I have only done 2 short sprint triathlons. Even in the short ones the 600m swim is hectic. Im really not looking forward to the 1500m swim. But even the 12km run wont be a joke after the swim and bike.

My first triathlon as well, entered the big one. Am cool with the riding and running, k@kking myself for the swim...

+1 on the swimming, in the famous words of jeremy clarkson...."how hard can it be?"

The lite is only 400m worth, but it will break me since I am winging it :blink:

k@kking myself for the swim...

Me three!! :blink:

Will be my 2nd tri.

Hope the t-shirt is cool...that always makes it worth it!! ;)

Doing the full.

The mud was a killer last year. Did most of the bike leg with no saddle last year. lost the bolt holding the saddle. So this year i will check the equipment first.

It will be a cool down race for me as 70.3 is more the focus.

If the rain stays away its gonna be a quick one. will push for a sub 3hr.

:thumbup:

On the swimming subject, does anyone know of a dam close to PTA where we one can train. Swimming in the pool is just not the same and I really need the training!

Don't worry about the swim. The dam is clean and normally not much waves, so you can just relax and gooi some breast stroke / lie on your back if you're struggling.

As for the run, expect to do some walking / climbing every now and then , especially up the dam wall. Don't forget to take a swim when you cross the stream!!! Awesome refreshment!

PS don't wear white! You will moer your clothes away afterwards!!!

It will be a cool down race for me :thumbup:

Xterra as a cool down? Seriously Hardcore! I think I'm over my head here.

What's the MTB course like, guys? Technical or district road type riding? The fact that the Magalies Monster climb is a stone throw away worries me :blush: