Xterra Buffelspoort

Grondpad

Just entered the Lite. My first Tri. Oh and last night was my first run in 10yrs...... Boy is this going to be a fun month :blink:

How hard can it be, 400m + 15.5km + 6.8km = 22.7km...... In riding terms I will hardly be getting started :lol:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mini hi-jack

For the guys that are in the know, I dont have a tri-suite....do i need one? they are not exactly cheap

And if not, what would be a good second option?

And no, I am not wearing my red speedo ala baywatch

Mini hi-jack

For the guys that are in the know, I dont have a tri-suite....do i need one? they are not exactly cheap

Hol kaalgat ou swaerrie.

Just entered the Lite. My first Tri. Oh and last night was my first run in 10yrs...... Boy is this going to be a fun month :blink:

How hard can it be, 400m + 15.5km + 6.8km = 22.7km...... In riding terms I will hardly be getting started :lol:

Don't underestimate Xterra... EVER

@rouxtjie I was looking forward to seeing you in the red speedo and shaved legs right to the top........ :thumbdown:

Yeah what does the ave guy wear, considering this should just be a once off race. I got a bike, cycling clothes, running shoes and swimming goggles (from the GF). My running shorts I found last night had a hole in them.... Guess I am shopping soon

I just bought a tri short (TYR for about 300) and a sleeveless cycling jersey (capestorm). I works well. The short is really comfy and the jersey is easy to get on after the swim.

Most people wear tri shorts and a tri top

Ok guess it off to the shops for Tri shorts. Where did you buy the TYR tri shorts from for R300?

Going to be interesting to say the least. Lets hope the rain gods play their part and stay away.....

I just bought a tri short (TYR for about 300) and a sleeveless cycling jersey (capestorm). I works well. The short is really comfy and the jersey is easy to get on after the swim.

Most people wear tri shorts and a tri top

Ta, thanks @Grondpad, where about should I look for the tri-pant?

@Mackie : There are enough mambas in the bushes there :P

Mini hi-jack

Routjie

Be prepared to chuck the shorts you will be racing in away. I raced in an orca short and the sand/grit that gets stuck in between the vibers of the material just never gets out, no matter how many times you wash it.

So dont go spending large amounts of cash on a new suit. Also dont wear white/light colours. they will be an off white for ever.

Mini hi-jack

Can do it in tights (tri-shorts) then just throw a shirt on for run and ride?

@rouxtjie I was looking forward to seeing you in the red speedo and shaved legs right to the top........ :thumbdown:

Yeah what does the ave guy wear, considering this should just be a once off race. I got a bike, cycling clothes, running shoes and swimming goggles (from the GF). My running shorts I found last night had a hole in them.... Guess I am shopping soon

Whatever you do, dont haul out those bloody Polly Shorts you used to love so much.

Edited by Mackie

@T-girl

You had me worried there as I started reading your post. I started to picture rouxtjie in a red speedo and tights.......

Looks like I will have to go try a swim or 2 in tri shorts. Hope it does not feel like I am wearing a nappy like cycling shorts after one has gone for a swim in them after a race...

Thanks @TriGuru and @T-girl

So cheap and cheerful seems to be the way to go, any places that are reasonable in jhb northern suburbs?

Oh no it's getting worse rouxtjie in a speedo, Polly Shorts and tights. At least we will know who he is at the xterra.

Must say it's going to be quite a new advendure this race. Any tips to watch out for (apart from lack of training). Do you guys carry gels etc. I only moountain bike so I have no idea how to tackle this thing.

@T-girl

You had me worried there as I started reading your post. I started to picture rouxtjie in a red speedo and tights.......

Looks like I will have to go try a swim or 2 in tri shorts. Hope it does not feel like I am wearing a nappy like cycling shorts after one has gone for a swim in them after a race...

No the chamois is smaller so not bulky at all.

Also apparently meant to buy them a size smaller...so they uber tight...I guess this depends how comfortable you are with that sort of vibe.

2xu also a good brand!

All this said; I know that my brother will do the whole thing in boardies and just throw a t-shirt on :huh: So wear whatever you comfortable with!