Wearing World Champ Colours... Riders, What Does Style Guru Say??

'Dale

Well if you are sporting your world champ stripes and I am riding past you in my club kit at twice the speed thanks for the chuckle. Simple really.

It's a bit like the guys who pose outside Vida Cafe Camps Bay with their expensive bikes and pro team kit. When you greet them they ignore you, but when you ride past them having a chat going up chappies a few minutes later, they are pretty vocal with the puffing and panting behind you. :P

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you are sporting your world champ stripes and I am riding past you in my club kit at twice the speed thanks for the chuckle. Simple really.

It's a bit like the guys who pose outside Vida Cafe Camps Bay with their expensive bikes and pro team kit. When you greet them they ignore you, but when you ride past them having a chat going up chappies a few minutes later, they are pretty vocal with the puffing and panting behind you. :P

:clap::clap:

Discussed this yesterday on the ride........no differnce between wearing Pro full team gear and World Champ stripes for the everyday rider. If you like it, bugger what anyone else thinks, as long as you are happy.

I write what I like - Steve Biko.

I wear what I like - HeadHunter.

:whistling: :whistling:

Edited by AirBender

LOL it looks like the shoes say "DONT" to the stripes, they answered for you.

Nike - Just do it.

Upside swoosh on Bont - Just don't do it!

Simple,

Replica Kits are cool for Kids (trying to be like their hero's and all)

Replica kits are cool for Adults that FUN RIDE. It's not cool to wear LiquiGas in the Summer League, unless you're Vincenzo Nibali!

It's never cool to wear a Leaders Jersey, EVER! (WC, Yellow, Pink Green etc.) Unless you're the Champion that earned it...Contador, Hushovd etc.

Ex Champs can wear em as a Band, That's Cool!

World Champ stripes on apparel is Fine. No one really cares!

the only WC stripes I have are a minor detail on my Five Ten Sam Hill shoes

http://www.getprice.com.au/images/uploadimg/1850/350_five_ten_free_riding_sam_hill_bike_shoes_monster_green_1_1_1_1_1_1.jpg

...I'm no sam hill... but I love these shoes!

IF I were a world champion and earned the stripes I would be slightly miffed if there were zillions of peoples also wearing the same stripes, kind of lowers the significance imo.

That being said my favourite socks are those black Falkes with WC stripes (or at least stripes that resemble the WC stripes)... Always buy a few pairs when I'm in SA...last 2 times have not been able to find them on the shelves, maybe Falke have shelved them in respect of the true champions....

is wearing replica kit not the same as riding a team coloured bike? personally i won't wear what i have not earned. socks with a discreet rainbow stripe might be allright. recently saw a gentleman with belly hanging on top tube sporting world champs jersey....phew

IF That being said my favourite socks are those black Falkes with WC stripes (or at least stripes that resemble the WC stripes)... Always buy a few pairs when I'm in SA...last 2 times have not been able to find them on the shelves, maybe Falke have shelved them in respect of the true champions....

Nope, you still get 'em.

I once read a poll in an american cycling mag. The general consensus was that if are arent the world champ you dont wear the world champs jersey. Socks should be ok though. Must look cool

is wearing replica kit not the same as riding a team coloured bike? personally i won't wear what i have not earned. socks with a discreet rainbow stripe might be allright. recently saw a gentleman with belly hanging on top tube sporting world champs jersey....phew

Maybe it was Jan Ulrich ;)

Maybe it was Jan Ulrich ;)

bwahahaha training for a comback 3.0? he has been known to train in sa. IT was actually an ex pro rsa roadie