Weightloss Challenge v 1.1

Gravity

155 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a weightloss challenge?

• Yes, that would be cool
    • No Fatso go eat another cheeseburger

I think its time to load some before and now pics

I have followed this topic so its been interesting toread all the tips along the way

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

99,0 kg

Weights not comming down, lost cm on the waist though.

Really training hard :angry:

It has more to do with what you eat than how much you train, I lost again this week and I haven't done any gym/cycling for 8 days

:thumbdown: :blink: I need sleep as I remember that the scale said 82.5 this morning. Will make sure tonight and post again if it is wrong...

Flip I could not even remember how to spell remember!

I hit 66.7kg today, that is 30kg lost :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That's awesome.

How much more to go, there can not be much left of you.

I'm down to 146.4kg today, by body fat percentage has dropped from 44% to 33.5%.

:thumbup:

It has more to do with what you eat than how much you train, I lost again this week and I haven't done any gym/cycling for 8 days

Eish chris can't agree with that, spend two weeks not training, ate healthier than i normally do, drank the same amount of alcohol i normally do and I gained all the weight I lost in the last 3 months of training. No diet / eating plan will do you anygood without a decent excersize regime. (my opinion from personal experiance):unsure:

It really is as simple, to lose weight calories in must be less then the calories burnt, if you consume more calories then you burn you will gain weight.

So you can do loads of exercise, but eat to much and you will still put on weight, or you can eat a small amount and do no exercise and lose weight. It's finding a happy balance that you can maintain.

It really is as simple, to lose weight calories in must be less then the calories burnt, if you consume more calories then you burn you will gain weight.

So you can do loads of exercise, but eat to much and you will still put on weight, or you can eat a small amount and do no exercise and lose weight. It's finding a happy balance that you can maintain.

And whats the best way to burn calories besides setting a fat kid on fire?

And whats the best way to burn calories besides setting a fat kid on fire?

unfortunatly, as I have found there is no easy way. :thumbdown: I find I loose most when I swim. But even going for a walk is better then nothing and does not feel like exercise.

As I sadi, there is no easy way of loosing weight, I know I spent 4 or 5 years trying all the easy ways. Now I limit myself to roughly 1600-1800 calories a day, and try to exercise for an hour a day but it does get you down no matter what people say.

Set yourself small goals to try and reach, I generally set myself targets. I went skiing at christmas met a girl, and then decided I was going to really try and loose weight for when I see her again in October. I want to loose 11stone between christmas and then. However, that was way too daunting so I set myself smaller goals, for example, I went skiing 3 months later and between skiing trips I wanted to loose 5 stone. The day before I went skiing for the second time, I jumped on the scales and I hd reached my target :clap:

You can see the diference here http://howtoloose11st.blogspot.com/2011/04/spot-difference.html it really is massive. Now I only have another 5 1/2 stone to go in 6 months

Twenty months ago I weighed 165kg...

Today I weigh 95kg and still loosing - goal is 79, so count me in!

I'm new to this site...what do I do??

Twenty months ago I weighed 165kg...

Today I weigh 95kg and still loosing - goal is 79, so count me in!

I'm new to this site...what do I do??

Give yourself a pat on the back :clap:

That's awesome.

How much more to go, there can not be much left of you.

I'm down to 146.4kg today, by body fat percentage has dropped from 44% to 33.5%.

:thumbup:

I have reached and past all my goals - 75, 73, 70, 69 & 67. From 96 - 69 was 1kg/week and then I increased my calorie input to around 2000 - 2200/day. It looks like I can increase it a bit more.

My body fat percentage is around 16%

I have reached and past all my goals - 75, 73, 70, 69 & 67. From 96 - 69 was 1kg/week and then I increased my calorie input to around 2000 - 2200/day. It looks like I can increase it a bit more.

My body fat percentage is around 16%

Thats good.

My goal is 114kg by the 5th of August, which is my birthday. If my calculations are correct, then I should be about 15% body fat when I get there, however we all know how that can change, being 194cm tall and having shoulders 66cm wide, I doubt I'll ever be below 100kg, though that may change after the tour d'afrique.

My training goals so far.

Aug 6th-7th 24 hour endurance race in a team of four, then

Aug the 20th, another 6 hour endurance race solo.

Sept 13th, A half marathon running

October the 1st, 110 mile day ride.

January 14th, 2012, Tour d'afrique.

To say I'm a bit scared would be an understatement. :unsure:

Hi all!

Lived in Durbanville 2006 - 2008, lots of cycling buddies, good shape...

moved to the country (ate a lot of peaches....) no cycling... sold bike.... 110kg as of this morning....

Jan 2011, moved back to Durbanville, wanna get cycling again, but have to wait for new bike. Will start on the weight loss however....

Goal is 90kg, as I've got a heavy bone structure.... 85kg would be super cool, but think I would look septic....

So, gonna start on this challenge, eating and jogging firstly, till I get my Scott/Cube (still deciding)

Jaco

Goal is 90kg, as I've got a heavy bone structure.... 85kg would be super cool, but think I would look septic....

Jaco

People I know and family were already complaining about how thin I looked about 15kg ago, I think it is just because they get so used to you being fat. Pretty soon I will look normal to them again and they will probably comment if I put on a few kg.