See SA's trails and races in action

swartpiet

Howzit all you cycling addicts,

We are launching a new web site end of Jan (www.alloutmtb.co.za).

The main aim of the site is to bring you action video clips of the MTB routes/trails and races in SA. Together with the video clips you will be able to view gps maps and altitude profiles, max and min ascents/descents etc etc. The clips will mainly feature highligts to give you a taste and wet the appetite to do the trails and ride the races. At the end of the year will bring out a huge dvd package with all the complete video clips and info of the trail/races we did for the year.

We will also be do review rite-ups on the trails and races and comments from various riders (including some pro's) doing the races.

The site will feature loads more like

bike/component reviews (we actually ride the bikes we review)

list of events for the year

list of cycling shops in SA

Training and nutrition articles

Actual excercise video clips

Also clips of some spectacular crashes

Member Loyalty club offering great discounts and other benefits with various cycling shops and other retailers

Interviews with some of the big guns in cycling, including riders, organizers, coaches, trail trackers, shop owners, sponsors etc

and lots more

We will be advertising here on the hub from end Jan so watch out for the banners and please check it out.

SA have been waiting a long time for a site like this.

Note that the site will not feature Forums as we would rather have everyone support all the hard work thehubsa has been doing for the cycling community. We will therefor support these forums.

What we will have is the ability for members to comment on almost anything on the site.

So remember to check us out on on 31 Jan 2011.

have an awesome day and ride strong.

sounds good, and please plan the usuability of the site, 99% of SA sites suck on a usability level, people seem to think slow loading graphics and 5000 animations is all a site needs. Form must meet function :)

sounds good, and please plan the usuability of the site, 99% of SA sites suck on a usability level, people seem to think slow loading graphics and 5000 animations is all a site needs. Form must meet function :)

I must say that one of the biggest motivations behind the site is the poor quality of SA sites, we want to improve big time on that. Its almost embarrassing looking at some SA sites.

We are putting in a lot of effort into making the site as usable and simple as possible. Graphics have been kept to a bare min. The design will be clean and simple. We will be going through a maturing phase like with most web sites that are done the right way where we will need a lot of input from everyone to constantly improve.

Also, if you guys/gals know of any trail in your area or wherever, that you would want us to cover, please please let us know so we can line it up and try to fit into the 2011 calendar.

Incase you guys wondered, we recorded yesterday's babba's race. What a muddy spectacle it was. The video still came out nice despite all the water and mud.

Just another reminder to check us out end of Jan 2011 at www.alloutmtb.co.za

A suggestion perhaps ? You may want to have some sort of web page up when you publish your URL for your web site, even if it says under construction, or Launching 1 Feb, etc... The URL currently just has a parked domain notice from IS.

A suggestion perhaps ? You may want to have some sort of web page up when you publish your URL for your web site, even if it says under construction, or Launching 1 Feb, etc... The URL currently just has a parked domain notice from IS.

Thanks, good suggestion. Will load an interim landing page.

Also possibly add links to accomadation in the area near the trails, as well as other activities in the area. Just a thought, especially if families are involved.

Edited by Caerus

Also possibly add links to accomadation in the area near the trails, as well as other activities in the area. Just a thought, especially if families are involved.

Thats already built in. The trails or MTB destination as we call it will have detailed info on accommodation (and rates where possible), activities, GPS co-ordinates, map to get there. We will also have video clips and or pictures of the actual venues itself.

Together with that we will write a short review of each venue and its trails and rate it. Members will be able to comment on each listing and also rate the listings.

I appreciate all suggestions, please keep them coming.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...