bakkie options...

vinylguy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a plain entry level Holdfast that you put on your tow bar. Newer scratched a bike. I travel at least 600km a month with my bike on the rack. Just put on a extra numberplate holder. I paid R1000 2 years ago.

Why not just put it flat on a rubber mat?

Just curious cause thats what I do.

So it bounces up and down as you drive on SA's perfect roads? :huh:

What do you do when you have 2 bikes?

Nissan Hardbody double cab, so the load bed isn't the longest. Normally load three bikes standing up with the front wheels removed. The wheels sit between the bikes and keep them upright.

do you need all three at all rides just incase ;)?

Tyerone, I posted some pics of a bike rack I built for my corsa on a thread that weight weenie started. Can't remember the name of the thread. Something with corsa.

There are a couple of threads thad had a lot of info in it. Do a search.

Otherwise click on the link to my blog in my signature and go a couple of posts back.

Just incase someone forgot their bike at home. :blush:

:lol:

I have actually forgotten to load a bike before and proceeded to reverse over it… :blush:

Why not just put it flat on a rubber mat?

Just curious cause thats what I do.

Thats what i do, I have canopy on so its a schlep to remove it, its easier to lie it flat plus the canopy has a lock for added security.

Edited by scotty

:lol:

I have actually forgotten to load a bike before and proceeded to reverse over it… :blush:

I have actually once forgotten my wife at home...Wen't out to load the car...Got in and drove to the gate...Saw the wife in the rear view mirror...Sheepishly reversed back.

Told her I was just making sure the bikes are secure in the back... :blush:

I do have Nissan 1400 bakkie for 22 years and I have tried lots of different ways with canopy, roof racks, bicycle racks on towbars.

At the moments I just leave one bicycle lie flat on rubber mats, no problems...

If I was you, I will install alumnium runners for security purposes and put roof rack on top of it.

You can have 2-3 bikes on it with enough space for bags and spare wheels and etc....