Power balance scam? (news24 article)

brad890

Religion has been successfully scamming people for centuries power balance for only a year or so.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude relax! Am I thrusting theology down any one's throat? You don't have to believe the things I wrote about. I was purely stating Christian belief as it is written in the Bible as I know the statement "super natural (jesus)" is not biblical.

I have a degree in Theology.

And before you ask, the reason I did this was because I was curios and have a natural interest in Human thinking, philosophy and religion, also had many questions.

If my dad was God, I would not consider myself a normal human. That trinity thing also becomes a bit confusing then ... "God the Father, the source of Monotheism, but also God the Son, the source of priestly authority, and also God the Holy Spirit, the source of lineal continuity".

What Catholics (who are Christians) believe

Jesus Christ is truly God, the Second Person of the Trinity, the Son, the Eternal Word, who with the Father and the Holy Spirit always was, is, and always will be.

If God is not supernatural then what is he? Certainly not human.

If Jesus rose from the dead, then he is not dead (This happens in ICU occasionally), maybe not on earth, but not dead, then he did not die for your sins.

How old is the earth?

@ Hubbers, I know religion not popular discussion for public forums, so if you are not interested in what I have to say here then please ignore this post....................

@stratus5 - I don't think you are fit to respond in this manner regarding theological matters and Christianity. You from God. It was for this very reason that God(Jesus) walked with us, to restore this separation.

The scripture goes something like this: " As in Adam we all fell into sin, so in Christ, the second Adam, we will all be healed from sin and the separation between God and man removed"

Please don't degrade yourself (human being) like this. You are a son of God, made in his image! You can rule the world with Him, you are a King! In Christ!

PM for you brother !

Even more puzzling than the belly button question is where did Cain and Abel find women to shag in order to produce offspring. I can only assume it was their mother Eve, otherwise God must have made a heck of a lot more people that just old Adam and Eve and he is just not telling us about them.

...by the look of our avatar you also did a bit of Rastafarianism... wink.gif

What do you mean? It's a picture of a pretty flower :unsure:

Or had an embolism…

Ashchest, with your extensive studies in the subject, you may see the humour in that… ;)

@ timestamp ... who do you think you are, giving you the right to be humorous ??

Well now that no one can fight about powerbalance, it looks like everyone is gonna fight about religion!

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH

Popcorn is ready!!!

Anyone want some?

Even more puzzling than the belly button question is where did Cain and Abel find women to shag in order to produce offspring. I can only assume it was their mother Eve, otherwise God must have made a heck of a lot more people that just old Adam and Eve and he is just not telling us about them.

And since evolution cant be true, the Pygmies must be asking themselves some awkward questions after the flood.

Icecaps float, so maybe when the icecaps broke loose from under thousands of meters of water from the north and south poles, the Aboriginals, Pygmies etc manged to climb on board. Would have really buggered the climate though.

Dude relax! Am I thrusting theology down any one's throat? You don't have to believe the things I wrote about. I was purely stating Christian belief as it is written in the Bible as I know the statement "super natural (jesus)" is not biblical.

I have a degree in Theology. I studied full time many years ago. My focus was world religion, so I studied Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Traditional African Religions, Animism, Christian sects, Cults, Christianity, Catholicism, post modernity.....

I also studied some Greek in order to enable me to take the original scriptures hands on. Appart from that also did studies in Church history, History of philosophy, Background to Old testament Cultures and history, I studied many of the debates and modern claims against God, Atheism...

Oh, and I have also read the Bible a few times.

And before you ask, the reason I did this was because I was curios and have a natural interest in Human thinking, philosophy and religion, also had many questions.

disclaimers or not ... it gets read. and with an interest in human thinking you should know how the hub folk think and react to religion, any religion.

If my dad was God, I would not consider myself a normal human. That trinity thing also becomes a bit confusing then ... "God the Father, the source of Monotheism, but also God the Son, the source of priestly authority, and also God the Holy Spirit, the source of lineal continuity".

What Catholics (who are Christians) believe

Jesus Christ is truly God, the Second Person of the Trinity, the Son, the Eternal Word, who with the Father and the Holy Spirit always was, is, and always will be.

If God is not supernatural then what is he? Certainly not human.

If Jesus rose from the dead, then he is not dead (This happens in ICU occasionally), maybe not on earth, but not dead, then he did not die for your sins.

How old is the earth?

-normal human?? Humans are the sons of God.

- Trinity - eish - a man made word to refer to theological truths - but no complicated at all

- God being supernatural or not .... I think you missed my initial point. Anyway, I would say the reason humans (and you) might think God is supernatural is because we have been removed from him. If God is supernatural, then so are we! We were made in He's image! (Biblical)

-Jesus did die, but death could not hold him, he overcame death and opened the way to life, eternal life! (again, this is Biblical, I don't think you read this in the Bible, hence the reason I say you are not fit to make statements related to the Christian faith ;)

-How old is the earth - I don't know

And since evolution cant be true, the Pygmies must be asking themselves some awkward questions after the flood.

Icecaps float, so maybe when the icecaps broke loose from under thousands of meters of water from the north and south poles, the Aboriginals, Pygmies etc manged to climb on board. Would have really buggered the climate though.

but it still does not answer why men have nipples ..... *spokes not included*

What do you mean? It's a picture of a pretty flower :unsure:

Aah... The good ol' five leaf clover. Very pretty. Fruitloop used to enjoy them.

Hijack: What happened to Fruitloop?

disclaimers or not ... it gets read. and with an interest in human thinking you should know how the hub folk think and react to religion, any religion.

Believe me, I do know how the hub folk think about religion, for they are all humans, and most humans don't like to discuss religion. Most humans also fear death.

Luckily I don't care too much what they think about me or my religious views.

I have been involved in many religious debates and know the usual reactions.

I find the reactions funny and also interesting.

Used to take it personal, but am over that part.

Back to the bands...

These are the only bands that have power. The power to keep you out of a government hospital when you are found unconcious and can't speak for yourself:

Samaritan Band

post-17843-0-96832700-1294917950.gif