Cape Sub Vets

Dicky DQ

Colonel's team' date='PP,Cosmatek,First Ascent,Moolman and someone else will strengthen Daiken.Be prepared to K@K Willehond [/quote']I may be too quick off the mark here but I think that Cyclelab have now got a podium contender in the SV group too. Lets hope that they can get a few guys behind him for the summer league. Check the D group results for a name.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Colonel's team' date='PP,Cosmatek,First Ascent,Moolman and someone else will strengthen Daiken.Be prepared to K@K Willehond [/quote']

I never expected an easy Summer League! Now I'm even more scared....

Colonel's team' date='PP,Cosmatek,First Ascent,Moolman and someone else will strengthen Daiken.Be prepared to K@K Willehond [/quote']

O moer.Confused  So this is as good as it gets?  Sounds like I will find all my limits in summer (or at least learn to time trial really, really well!)

So who's going to ride for Daiken; someone Really Really good??  If all these teams turn up who will be left in Elites?  Those poor lonely CSC boys...

Willehond2007-10-29 11:10:03

geez I leave the SV's alone for one season and they chill out LOL

Granted, last Spring season we had a very tough Manic Cycles team (Geddan Ruddock), the whole Cozmotec team, Pinnacle Point, BikeMax etc there. Most of these teams now ride Elite, so it's fair to say that if a break goes with the favourites, the "bunch sitters" won't get a chase going.

Fear not, in Summer season fatty will be back in a new team and fresh for racing. Be prepared to see attacks go from the nuetral zone until the finish line...KY optional Big%20smile

fatcyclist - if I go by your hub name you should have done the spring league. Summer league is not very friendly to weight challenged cyclists. But as I don't know you, I'm sure there is a good chance I have it completely wrong!

Guest colonel

Colonel - Are you riding in a team? Are there always more teams in the Summer League compared to the Spring league? I know there are SV riders/team(s) who are currently riding Elites' date=' but will ride SV again in Summer league.

[/quote']

Yes I do ride in a team, well its my team to be exact I put it together last year in Spring. We riding Elite at the moment and will come over to SV in Summer. We are the team with the pink kit and our #1 rider who we ride for is lying 4th in Elite Spring League.

How do you form a team? Did you get sponsorship or did you sponsor them? Did you know all the riders you wanted in the team? How do you decide who your # 1 is?

Put a proposal together and approached companies for money. Got told to piss off and got told that they need my bank account details. Ok its not that easy but you get the idea. Also some money is mine but ony a very small portion.

I had a few riders I approached to ride in the team and they accepted based on what I offered them. Riders have to be team players so there is no real point in getting 7 guys who all want to win and not work as a team. You find riders who are willing to work for the team overall result. At the end of the day if your 1 rider is on the podium people remember that kit and team. Put it this way its my team and Im a "bitch" on the team to put it that way, Im the sucker in the wind, giving wheels etc.

For SV thou we are moving 3 of the Elite riders to SV and we have got the services of another so far( Can I mention your name Fatty?) and we are looking for 2 more riders to complete the team which will be discussed amongst everyone and a then we will offer them a ride if they accept great if not then we look again. BUT we are pumped for SV in January.

Guest colonel

We will still run with 4 riders in Elites but the main focus will be on SV.

fatcyclist - if I go by your hub name you should have done the spring league. Summer league is not very friendly to weight challenged cyclists. But as I don't know you' date=' I'm sure there is a good chance I have it completely wrong! [/quote'] No I usually love the Sping season, but unfortunately mother nature blessed me with pnuemonia and a hospital visit the week before the first SV race, hence my season was over before it started...Confused

Guest colonel

Also everyone must get on well I learnt that the hardway.

fatcyclist - if I go by your hub name you should have done the spring league. Summer league is not very friendly to weight challenged cyclists. But as I don't know you' date=' I'm sure there is a good chance I have it completely wrong! [/quote'] No I usually love the Sping season, but unfortunately mother nature blessed me with pnuemonia and a hospital visit the week before the first SV race, hence my season was over before it started...Confused

That's a bummer! Hope you recover fast and get back to race fitness soon.

Guest colonel

Ya cones dont like the flu.......