Who works harder?

Ok lets say that the same bike is used, a MTB with nobblies for both courses, 10km offroad trail, and 17km road! Same rider so there is no weight difference, also there is no tyre change

Ok lets say that the same bike is used, a MTB with nobblies for both courses, 10km offroad trail, and 17km road! Same rider so there is no weight difference, also there is no tyre change

Is there a red light jumping roadie?

Straight out the door...

OK, what about chasing the MTB dude for 10k's around Babbas and the road dude for 17 k's over Long Tom.

One way would be to download from a Polar, check the average heart-rate and calories burnt, still it would be too much of a long shot.

So the simple answer is, MTB is harder.

OK, what about chasing the MTB dude for 10k's around Babbas and the road dude for 17 k's over Long Tom.

One way would be to download from a Polar, check the average heart-rate and calories burnt, still it would be too much of a long shot.

So the simple answer is, MTB is harder.

I agree that over the same distance that MTB is tougher and you work harder, but what if it is over the same time span?

If over the same time span, same distance, then MTB def more effort. If same time and just as far as they go over that period, then it depends on HRR reading, cadence etc etc etc...

NO!!! Same dude different bikes ...................freekin jel !! It's late, best you go rest then I drill this again tomorrow same dude Two different bikes :lol:

Please again explain wjy it should be two different bikes

I have been wondering and a fellow hubber and friend fuelled the question!

If I cycle 17km in 43 min on my MTB with nobblies on the road. And another cyclist cycles 10km in 43min. Who work harder to complete their training course?

The dude riding with the MTB for 17km on the road without going off road must be physical and mentaly stukkend after 43min!