Virgin Active monthly fee

Big Til

just joined planet fintessfitness, the bedfordview branch, im on Vitality and i paid R649 once off and R83 bucks a month, pretty damn decent if you ask me!

infact had my first spin class this morning! WTF

Edited by mix

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will never join VA ever again....started off with premier membership 5 years ago for R270pm....then after 2 years without telling me it went up to R390....so anyway moved over to new bank and had to change my details....so obviously the lady saw my 2 year contract is done so I can stop anytime now...so told her I need to change my banking details, she said sorry sir yu need to fill out a new contract...WTF? Then it would be R450pm meaning id have to pay even more... A way of trying to catch me to sign another 2 years? pfffffft.....so I just never went back again and told them they can cancel it. anyway, paying R540pm or whatever if not on Discovery is a waste! I would rather buy my own weights....

Edited by MTB_Roadie

You just need to go twice a month, fees went up from R83 to something like R90. This is through Discovery

Edited by Caerus

You just need to go twice a month, fees went up from R83 to something like R90. This is through Discovery

maybe thats for virgin because i signed up yesterday at Planet fitness for R83.

maybe thats for virgin because i signed up yesterday at Planet fitness for R83.

Yeah, sorry thats for Virgin.

About r90 I think If you on Discovery :unsure:

Yah, it's gone up to R110 or something laaik that.... with a Discovery membership.

Hang on, that is if you want a national membership with V A...:blink:

Then there's the activation fee... <_<

Discovery and Vitality is the worst brand in south africa. For all you vitalitiers out there...just check all the fine print (this goes for all discovery products). After 5 years on vitality they deleted all my point because I added a dependant on my name at the end of last year and they failed to notify my that the points thresholds changed. Allthough their website and my monthly accounts stated that I was still on Gold status. Worst. Product. Ever.

Discovery and Vitality is the worst brand in south africa. For all you vitalitiers out there...just check all the fine print (this goes for all discovery products). After 5 years on vitality they deleted all my point because I added a dependant on my name at the end of last year and they failed to notify my that the points thresholds changed. Allthough their website and my monthly accounts stated that I was still on Gold status. Worst. Product. Ever.

so let me get this right, you didnt read the fine print and then you lost some points and now they are the worst brand in the world, um ok!

for the most parts Discovery are efficient and worth the money, they offer more then most and their rewards are simply that, rewards, which if used properly and understood correctly are brilliant. Worth it i reckon, but thats my humble opinion and i respect yours. :thumbup:

Edited by mix

so let me get this right, you didnt read the fine print and then you lost some points and now they are the worst brand in the world, um ok!

for the most parts Discovery are efficient and worth the money, they offer more then most and their rewards are simply that, rewards, which if used properly and understood correctly are brilliant. Worth it i reckon, but thats my humble opinion and i respect yours. :thumbup:

No. I was on gold for 2 years. This would be nr 3. So I will get Diamond this year. Got dependant at end of last year. So obviously I now need more more points to still be gold status. But as it was at the end of last year, I didn't expect to still comply to the higher thresholds. So I monitored my profile carefully every week after that. The website indicated I was ok. I was gold. My monthly status reports/accounts indicated I was gold. I was ok. They didn't update my profile until this year. And now its too late. They slipped up would't you say. Its suppose to be automated on the system. Or at least communicate with the client.

Im not impressed with Discovery's service.

Edited by Bloupanda

Not a fan of Planet Fitness, consultant contacted me and told me i was eligable for 1 months free trial, selling point was 24 hour access. Cool i thought there is one in Benoni albeit a bit far for me. Go along for a look see, no parking, spinning area was cramped, change rooms you had to queue to use and the best of all the 24hr only applies to a gym in Jhb. Cost would also have worked out the same as VA who have far more gyms.

Thanks but no thanks.

No. I was on gold for 2 years. This would be nr 3. So I will get Diamond this year. Got dependant at end of last year. So obviously I now need more more points to still be gold status. But as it was at the end of last year, I didn't expect to still comply to the higher thresholds. So I monitored my profile carefully every week after that. The website indicated I was ok. I was gold. My monthly status reports/accounts indicated I was gold. I was ok. They didn't update my profile until this year. And now its too late. They slipped up would't you say. Its suppose to be automated on the system. Or at least communicate with the client.

Im not impressed with Discovery's service.

ok the whole story does sound crap, but ui have had awesome service. have you contacted them about the issue?

Not a fan of Planet Fitness, consultant contacted me and told me i was eligable for 1 months free trial, selling point was 24 hour access. Cool i thought there is one in Benoni albeit a bit far for me. Go along for a look see, no parking, spinning area was cramped, change rooms you had to queue to use and the best of all the 24hr only applies to a gym in Jhb. Cost would also have worked out the same as VA who have far more gyms.

Thanks but no thanks.

i have heard that from a few people about the alberton branch, however i have not experienced that at the bedfordview branch, guess its location, like some wimpys are shocking and others are fantastic.

Thanks but no thanks.

+1, planet fitness or at least the people I have dealt with are dodge...Wanted to join with them recently, salesman said it will cost 250 odd a month which is much cheaper than VA, was very happy to sign there and then, he asked me for my credit card....I thought it was for my card fee at which point I said I will pay it cash(luckily i did). He then tells me that he is actually going to push through the whole subscription for the 4 or 5 years and then I can pay back the bank...never mentioned he was going to do it before, at which point I just walked out without saying another word....be very carefull wtih planet fitness....Do not hand over your credit card. At least with VA what you see is what you get.

I'm currently swimming in a 16m pool at Northcliff Health & Racquet but would like to swim in a 25m pool in the run up to Ironman

I phoned up VA in Cresta to enquire what the monthly fee would be just for the next 2 months and they quoted me R680 p.m. !! :o

Thug, how much is membership at Northcliff H&R?