where to ride west rand ruimsig area

neillp

hi Guys

new to the MTB world. just a quick question. where are the best places to ride in the Ruimsig area.

i Generaly ride in -paardekraal the koppies just above featherbrooke estate. that border on the botanical gardens.

getting bored of riding there alone. i can only sing the macerena to myself so many times before i get bored.

i have also ridden at the athletics stadium a couple of times.

looking for other places to ride. any help?

Take a look at this thread Little Falls, I believe these guys head out towards the Ruimsig area, so they will perhaps be able to shed a bit more light - I'm just awaiting a reply to my post there. I'm also in that area, and must admit also getting a little bored with the area above Featherbrooke Estate.

Depending on the distance you want to do, can can head out through the back of the athletics stadium, past the quarry and then on to muldersdrift.

Sheesh!! Sitting in traffic on Peter Rd. as I type this, and the upper section is so full of potholes that I reckon you could thrash about there for a couple of hours!! :D

Depends on how far you wanna go, if ur at ruimsig go out past the driving range to the squatter camp, hook a right at the camp and head down to Muldersdrift Polce station, at the Intersection hook right again, you can ride the tracks that go past the school or stay on the road and go left and right to Avianto sports club, lots of routes there.

yes it is Pheiffer.

thanks guys. started riding at teak place and relaized just how unfit i actually was. so im sure i will be riding there for awhile

I ride the Ruimsig area every week and the route that I ride is getting a bit boring. There are plenty of routes in the area I am just not keen on doing them on my own. If you want to know what routes are out there PM me and I can explain.