Bike racks

Rain101

Confused

Needing advise on the best, cheapest bike rack to purchase... for max, 2 bikes.  Towbar/no towbar needed? What would the going rate be...at the moment, clueless, needing your advise.

Hi - Jack on

DR - What you giving me stick for your 6 beers for huh huh? I know where you park doofus!

H - Jack off

Rain - I think the Thule clip-on I had has not been sold yet.  For 2 bikes and its lockable.  It is with my brother in law, he is in Cape Town.  Will have to make sure about the availablilty.  I used it once.    PM me your contact details if you are intrested.

Towbar - Any cheapy will do .

Unless you have oversize carbon tubing in your frame, which cannot be clamped! Confused Then you need a Thule Ride-On or similar carrier, where the bike sits on the rack, in stead of hanging. Wink

Make sure your bikes fit the rack ............ sounds obvious, but you'll be surprised how often bikes don't fit the racks.

Ooops sorry that is a big factor when getting a rack . My 3 bike rack hardly gets used cause my dual suspension will not hang without a special little hanging goodie .

OK, ok guys Im a rookie here!Ouch

thanks for advise, don't need to be caught up in the issues which go beyond a bike rack do I?

• 1 year later...

Not sure how handy you are but if you are then I would suggest you make your own. And while you're at it make a 'ride on'. It eliminates problems that you could face with frame compatibility and hanger type carriers. If you are not into DIY I would still suggest 'ride on'. You obviously need a towbar.

Hi there

could be interested myself. I live in cape Town as well!!
...2007 post....hmmm....might b sold by now.....

Thule makes a ride-on that fits direct on the hatch. I am sure its not cheap, but it looks pretty good