SA Active Website

Lucky Luke.

Try phoning SA-active directly Luke. Last year whenever I phoned they quickly approved events and allocated the points.

Doesnt seem like they are able to do it that easily this year with the backlog they currently have.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Vitality did pass the number on to me but I haven't used it yet.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there is, I think the cap is 5,000 points but stand to be corrected.

Nope, it is capped at 15 000 for base fitness points and 5 000 for bonus points. (you will get 5000 bonus points after submiting your 5th event through SA-active)

Fitness points are points for gym, polar or SA-active.

Then you can earn an additional 7500 points for completing the fitness assessment and up to 7500 bonus points depending on your fitness level, this does not count towards fitness points though.

Just a thought.

How about Discovery automatically take you up to gold status if you complete the Ironman or Comrades or Epic. And then combine some races that can also take you there. (for those guys on the flats who can’t go to a gym to earn points.) For example, combining the Dusi, with the Argus and the Midmar. Or two ultra triathlons, or.....

Discovery can even get involved in the races that can get you to these statuses by sponsors. Even entry fee discount for vitality members. This will get vitality members to the races and participants will think twice when taking out a medical aid.

I know that doing certain races will earn you vitality points any how, but I would like to see those going for the real long and tough ones like IM and Epic be rewarded accordingly.

Just a thought.

How about Discovery automatically take you up to gold status if you complete the Ironman or Comrades or Epic. And then combine some races that can also take you there. (for those guys on the flats who can’t go to a gym to earn points.) For example, combining the Dusi, with the Argus and the Midmar. Or two ultra triathlons, or.....

Discovery can even get involved in the races that can get you to these statuses by sponsors. Even entry fee discount for vitality members. This will get vitality members to the races and participants will think twice when taking out a medical aid.

I know that doing certain races will earn you vitality points any how, but I would like to see those going for the real long and tough ones like IM and Epic be rewarded accordingly.

Unlikely... the model for the vitality discounts is based on few people actually getting to gold or diamond... less than 5% of vitality people get there, and they subsidise the discounts that the top members get. Getting a bunch of people to the upper levels quickly is not good for the model...

Having said that its really not that hard to get to gold in one year, just most people cant be bothere to do the range of activities that it requires.... Just cycling, no matter how much you do, wont get you there as there are caps on the categories of points..

Unlikely... the model for the vitality discounts is based on few people actually getting to gold or diamond... less than 5% of vitality people get there, and they subsidise the discounts that the top members get. Getting a bunch of people to the upper levels quickly is not good for the model...

Having said that its really not that hard to get to gold in one year, just most people cant be bothere to do the range of activities that it requires.... Just cycling, no matter how much you do, wont get you there as there are caps on the categories of points..

It is easy for anyone to get there without doing any exercise. My broker told me how to get to gold in October and I was there by December. I am already on 41000 points just from doing some online stuff and doing a health check at dischem. I will be at 55000 points after my fitness assesment and we are only in February

Just a thought.

The Vitality Rewards program is not purely focused on getting people to do endurance events. Just because you do certain races or events, does not mean you are healthy or fit. The fitness assessments and blood test you can do twice a year are preventive measures that might detect health issues before they get full blown. That way Discovery keeps their book healthy and it cost them less in the long run to have healthier members.

I am under the impression you dont understand the Vitality model and are missing the point. It is not a scam.

Healthier members cost Discovery less, easy as that.

It is easy for anyone to get there without doing any exercise. My broker told me how to get to gold in October and I was there by December. I am already on 41000 points just from doing some online stuff and doing a health check at dischem. I will be at 55000 points after my fitness assesment and we are only in February

Yes it is easy, you can join one of our Vitality days and get to Gold within a couple of days! This one is already fully booked unfortunately

The Vitality Rewards program is not purely focused on getting people to do endurance events. Just because you do certain races or events, does not mean you are healthy or fit.

Yes, the guy who washed my car on Friday walked here 22km from Manenberg, but he didn't look too healthy or well nourished and was probably even less so if he walked back there again.

Vitality has a more holistic approach (if that is not too fluffy a word) and pushes you to think about aspects of your well being which you might otherwise not consider. Hence the nutritional assessments, online questionnaires about stress, glucose tests, HIV tests, fitness assessments, discounts on HRM's etc.

Nope, it is capped at 15 000 for base fitness points and 5 000 for bonus points. (you will get 5000 bonus points after submiting your 5th event through SA-active)

Fitness points are points for gym, polar or SA-active.

Then you can earn an additional 7500 points for completing the fitness assessment and up to 7500 bonus points depending on your fitness level, this does not count towards fitness points though.

Can you still earn points for the fitness assessment if you have the individual max 15000 base points from SA Active events?

Can you still earn points for the fitness assessment if you have the individual max 15000 base points from SA Active events?

Yes, I'm almost certain you can. I have the 15000 fitness assessment points and I have started getting event points too - it's been a long wait but I have points for one event so far with another 5 or so queued up for approval.

Yes, I'm almost certain you can. I have the 15000 fitness assessment points and I have started getting event points too - it's been a long wait but I have points for one event so far with another 5 or so queued up for approval.

Cool thanks, Diamond here we come :D

Just had to check the rules regarding maximum Fitness points quickly.

You can have a maximum of 15 000 fitness base points Plus a maximum of 15 000 bonus Fitness points.

That is a maximum of 30 000 Fitness points per member per year.

You can have a maximum of 15 000 fitness base points Plus a maximum of 15 000 bonus Fitness points.

Ok so if I do 5 SA Active events I will get 15000 base points plus 5000 bonus and if I then do an assesment I will get no base points and up to 7500 bonus points. That is what I thought.

Thanks.

Tankman, when are again having one of your Vitality days? Need to get my points up a.s.a.p.

Tankman, when are again having one of your Vitality days? Need to get my points up a.s.a.p.

Probably end of March again, this one in Feb is fully booked!

Best to do it early in the year because you can to another 5 months later.

Probably end of March again, this one in Feb is fully booked!

Best to do it early in the year because you can to another 5 months later.

Thanks. Let me know in advance, please. Must attend the next one.

Someone's certainly lit some fires! All my claims approved on SA-Active, awaiting for the points to reflect on Vitality.

Well done and thank you!