DavidE373

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one whop owned that pub in Durb's?! Really? Google sucks… :angry:

"Whop"? Thats a word I've not heard in many many moons :lol:

Now I see why we have to wear lycra: cyclists can get their knickers in a knot over the slightest thing.

i thought you werent meant to wear knickers while you ride .....:whistling:

To the arse cycling up Hill road in Randburg ~ 5pm on Friday, go @#$% yourself buddy!

Next time someone asks you where your helmet is it's because YOU SHOULD BE WEARING ONE!

There was no need for you to call my wife a f@#$%ing bitch! My wife and I are both cyclists and you are just a dumb knob! I sincerely hope that one day you come off your bike and split some skin on your noggin, maybe then you'll know why we wear helmets in the first place! You dumb sh*t!

You are also very lucky you turned off into that side road because I would have kicked your arse!!!!

YOU ARE A WANKER!!!

There, I feel better now.

Perhaps in retrospect, a vent on the garage forecourt might have been a better idea... :unsure:

One thing I have learn't since joining The Hub and reading a few posts is that I am going to be very careful about what I do vent about... ;)

I enjoy riding without a helmet. I grew up training without a helmet, and nothing better that the wind blowing through your hair. ( yes I still have some)

When I ride in a group though I wear my helmet. This is my choice. More danger in a group. On my own, hopefully I can control the situation.

I also get pissed off on a ride when a bunch of riders come past the opposite way ( never from the same way) and I greet as I always do, and all the tjop can say in return is "where's your helmet" Not sure if they are Afrikaans and telling me to wear it or asking where it is :)

I've resorted to asking in return "where's your bell" also required by law.

Usually these same tjops that are quick to critisize the wearing of a helmet, are the same tjops that will jump a red light, or ride 5 abreast in a group ride.

Obviously this is ok, because as long as you are wearing a helmet, you are bulletproof.

So we all have a choice. Respect each other's wishes, and rather ride responsibly, helmet or not, and try be friendly to each other. Could be a much better place to ride.

3 Weeks before the 94.7 i went out on a Saturday morning ride. By mistake I forgot my helmet at home, only to realise, 10km into the ride that I forgot it. Several roadies came past(didn't greet) 2 motioned towards my head. a lady in a car, stopping at the traffic light also slapped her head. I laughed, only because it looked funny.

I did however, not once retaliated with verbal abuse or any form of sign language. I merely smiled and kept on cycling. That begs to ask the question why everybody seems to get so worked up on the topic. I appreciated the fact that certain members of society chose to remind me of my mistake. But others chose not to. This is their right to not have to remind me and think that i am an "organ donor"(no pun intended).

When I ride in a group though I wear my helmet. This is my choice. More danger in a group. On my own, hopefully I can control the situation.

Uhm , I went down riding on my own, because of a pothole. Broke the helmet in 3. And even riding on your own, you still have to share the road with cars. You never know when a car drives in front of you , stop in front of you, or misjudge how wide their cars are.

I enjoy riding without a helmet. I grew up training without a helmet, and nothing better that the wind blowing through your hair. ( yes I still have some)

I also get pissed off on a ride when a bunch of riders come past the opposite way ( never from the same way) and I greet as I always do, and all the tjop can say in return is "where's your helmet" Not sure if they are Afrikaans and telling me to wear it or asking where it is :)

Usually these same tjops that are quick to critisize the wearing of a helmet, are the same tjops that will jump a red light, or ride 5 abreast in a group ride.

Obviously this is ok, because as long as you are wearing a helmet, you are bulletproof.

So we all have a choice. Respect each other's wishes, and rather ride responsibly, helmet or not, and try be friendly to each other. Could be a much better place to ride.

Spot ON!!!!!

Ah yes - exactly the type of exemplory behaviour that shows the world how great us cyclists are. The guy on the bike not wearing his helmet didn't represent us well either...

Well, to that end, the helmetless one's comements are mere hearsay, whereas we actually have the response straight from the horses mouth arse...

+1.

:thumbup:

Respect each other

Take bicycles and helmets and all that crap out of the argument, that's the solution right there. Good post.