The 31-year-old noob

wesley_r

:stupid:

I just took delivery of this. Wow!!! (okay and a little brag)

Its a pity that it is not normally available.

By the way, I started DH at the end of 2009 at age 34, then started Dirt Jumping in 2010 at 35yo. You are never too old to try.

post-4091-0-41996500-1296576852.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

care to test your assumption? ;)

lol, ok. ;) How have all your injuries healed up, especially your hand?

Edited by Caerus

Nolipoli and The_wes Let me just SEE u on a trail and those bikes will :oops: :nuke: :whistling:

And ill have a new Bike

I was in the Mag I know how to hide and wait :)

Edited by leet22

Nolipoli and The_wes Let me just SEE u on a trail and those bikes will :oops: :nuke: :whistling:

And ill have a new Bike

I used to have this...and then replaced it with a Trance, which just wasn't the same. So I had to get the new Reign imported. I don't know how I will ever ride a different trail bike.

post-4091-0-16929800-1296580141.jpg

And ill have a new Bike

that's not my reign - the silver one (i wish). here's my current rig, less impressive but i love it... poor thing, it's not going to last long...

post-12904-0-70961100-1296580294.jpg

I used to have this...and then replaced it with a Trance, which just wasn't the same. So I had to get the new Reign imported. I don't know how I will ever ride a different trail bike.

there's a reign like your old one for sale here on the hub, but unfortunately the timing is all wrong for me :thumbdown: . I rode the 2010 Reign X at the Ride Before You Buy, and absolutely loved it, although it was the wrong size for me. Also climbs surprisingly well for such a big rig!

post-12904-0-32753700-1296581049.jpg

Looking for one with a sore heart. My friend got one for R8500 and she rides like a dream so looking for a bargain like that as well :thumbup: When I didn't have the money loads of bikes now I do nothing :angry:

Looking for one with a sore heart. My friend got one for R8500 and she rides like a dream so looking for a bargain like that as well :thumbup: When I didn't have the money loads of bikes now I do nothing :angry:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/96135-giant-reign-1-large-2008/

if you read his last post, he offers it with different components for R9k ;)

EDIT: DUH just saw your replies on that thread...

Edited by the_wes

lol, ok. ;) How have all your injuries healed up, especially your hand?

yep thanks :) worked my butt off though, and still at trying to get into some sorta shape. Howz things your side?

yep thanks :) worked my butt off though, and still at trying to get into some sorta shape. Howz things your side?

Things are so so, been having a hectic time the last two months, having to look after my very sick father. So not getting to ride so much :(

/* Shameless plug on

The Mojo has been voted best AM rig years years running, and as it happens my previous one is in the for sale section (with or without brand new parts) thumbup1.gif

Shameless plug off */

But you welcome to join our little fellowship of 3 and a half, we ares till learning and doing the milder stuff (well, me anyway, the other guys are a bit more confident than me). Paarl is great because you have chicken runs everywhere. We either shuttle or workshop down, doing the stuff over and over trying different lines and speeds.

A nice little bounce off the ground this morning to remind me I'm not as malleable as I was when I was 17 :lol:

Amen brother!! I'm also on the wrong side of 40...but it does not stop me from riding like a 18year old!!

Only thing is my body take a wee bit longer to recover/heal once the sh!t hit the fan...

Like this weekend....ended up in a worn out rut at Oak Valley....with some water added...then I got all cautious and slowed down....BIG mistake...that when I fell!! Second time around i just gave it horns and threw caution tio the wind...and no problem...obstacle - what obstacle??

Just the bruise to remind me i'm not 18 anymore :D

I really wish i did not start to love this sport at such a late stage!! Been checkin out the youngsters....SA must have some serious MTB talent comming through the ranks!!

Watch the next few years for new SA world champs in all the disciplines...