Table Mountain Safety

kandui

Don't let Bos build there, you will have an XC track....

That is unless you sell you Zula for a DH sled!!!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ MoreTrails

Have you seen the Maritzburg XC course and specifically the rock garden that Burry bought? It frightens some downhillers I know!

you will find there's usually a security company behind such activities, to get the contract to secure the mountain.

Haha, ouch!

I still hate the fact that Bos is quicker downhill on his Zula that I am on my long-travel bike...

Hahah, Dont talk *** Bru!

:thumbup:

We must just go build there, as Ive said before, apparently the guys dont really mind if we build there.

dude, i'm game. a few more hands and we be rocking..

Hahah, Dont talk *** Bru!

Ja ja, china. Come on buy trail bike again - you know you want to!!!

And remember to ride it like a trail bike too, non of this upside down stem and skinny flat bar nonsense...... :lol:

Edited by MoreTrails

@ MoreTrails

Have you seen the Maritzburg XC course and specifically the rock garden that Burry bought? It frightens some downhillers I know!

Ag shame, poor Burry saw his nought on those rocks. Everyone watch the digi-screen at the race definitely expressed there point of view at the time.

But the rest of the course was well smooth....just not flat. I was sucking gas just walking around having a look see

shu! hectic stuff.

funny thing about this is that if one of us actually catch one of these guys, kick the crap out of them, we would most probably end up in jail.

Re. The area between Rhodes Memorial and Vredehoek:

Does anyone know of recent attacks in this area?

Is the alledged/pledged improved security working?

Regular users, do you see the patrols on the mountain?

• 1 month later...

shu! hectic stuff.

funny thing about this is that if one of us actually catch one of these guys, kick the crap out of them, we would most probably end up in jail.

it's a mountain after all: ppl fall and hurt themselves all the time. Sometimes very badly :rolleyes:

it's a mountain after all: ppl fall and hurt themselves all the time. Sometimes very badly :rolleyes:

Ja, I mean, one time, the guy actually STEPPED on a piece of sharpened steel that I just happened to drop at hte right time...

Ja, I mean, one time, the guy actually STEPPED on a piece of sharpened steel that I just happened to drop at hte right time...

hahhaha mayhame :lol:

• 1 year later...

There hasn't been much comment on here for a while, or any recent reported incidents on Table Mountain? Has the security situation improved? I'm thinking of commuting into town via Rhodes Mem and Table Mountain trails from southern suburbs. In about 7am and back about 6pm, and on my own. Is this wise?

There hasn't been much comment on here for a while, or any recent reported incidents on Table Mountain? Has the security situation improved? I'm thinking of commuting into town via Rhodes Mem and Table Mountain trails from southern suburbs. In about 7am and back about 6pm, and on my own. Is this wise?

There are a few groups that cycle that same route into town and meet at Rhodes Memorial gate. I meet a group that meets at the gate @ 05:30 if you are interested :thumbup: Not many riders that I know of come back from town at 6pm

Thanks alot, but not sure I can co-ordinate well enough in the morning to meet up with a group. It's reassuring that others are doing it 'though.