Shocking Service from Trek/Just Fun

mornedn

My brothers hardtail frame broke last year. They agreed to replace it under warranty. It took them 4 months to send him a new frame. Everytime he called them, they said he will have it in a weeks time.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like the agents are the problem, contact the head office in US

Yes, that sounds like a good idea

Not cool at all :(

I dont suppose as a quick fix these guys have another bike available for you to at least train with while the problem gets sorted out?

Not the best solution but at least you can cycle.

Not cool at all :(

I dont suppose as a quick fix these guys have another bike available for you to at least train with while the problem gets sorted out?

Not the best solution but at least you can cycle.

They don't have stock.... shocking!!!

One would expect them to replace the link - perhaps Trek has improved the link design in the meantime, or the link on your bike came from a batch that had some production error. Give them a chance - the replacement link could perhaps last much longer (as it should.)

They won't give you a new frame unless the frame itself broke. Same as the auto industry - if the gearbox of a car breaks, they fit a new gearbox.

One would expect them to replace the link - perhaps Trek has improved the link design in the meantime, or the link on your bike came from a batch that had some production error. Give them a chance - the replacement link could perhaps last much longer (as it should.)

They won't give you a new frame unless the frame itself broke. Same as the auto industry - if the gearbox of a car breaks, they fit a new gearbox.

The frame got damaged when the link broke. So riding the frame could cause even more issues. I'm sure it will break on the area where it's dented.

I have a Trek Madone WSD 5.5. I bought the bike from Johnsons Cycle Works at the end of 2007. I am on the third frame - two warranty claims for paint peeling off the frames - one in 2008 and another in 2009. Both times I had to wait more than 2 months!!!

On 26th September 2010, I was hit by a car. Not much damage to me but the quote for replacement of the front fork, both Bontrager race lite rims and STI levers came to roughly R18 000 :blink: Cyclesure was extremely efficient :thumbup: and the claim was approved within a few days :clap: . Johnsons gave me a lead time of 3 weeks for the parts to arrive from the US. They supplied me with a loaner front fork so I was able to ride while waiting.

Almost 5 months later, I AM STILL WAITING :thumbdown:

I am livid with Johnsons Cycle Works for their LACK OF COMMUNICATION. They do not bother to update me on the situation - I have phoned a few times and just get told that the parts have not arrived from the US yet and are 'on the way' i.e. Trek / Just Fun issue.

Apathetic service from both Johnsons and Trek / Just Fun :angry: :angry: :angry:

I haven't read the whole thread, but i agree!!

I don't even own a Trek. My Ms has been waiting for wheels and a fork for a road bike since i think Sept last year!!!

I definitely won't be buying TREK ever!!!

Hahaha... yeah I guess!!

Well if you do and (heaven forbid, strike me down with lightening and all and all) something goes wrong you know getting hold of the agent or better yet manufacturer should be somewhat more simple.

Must admit, my shova and I have the odd argument, maybe someone has to do some grovelling...but there ain't been no visit to the ER yet for either of us (he says touching every timber piece of furniture in an open plan office). SO crack out the plastic, loose the tupperware bike and go local....dis mos lekker neh!

Yes, that sounds like a good idea

Dammit stop pussyfooting around....... if you can afford a bike like that phone the factory in the United States and demand to speak to somebody high up. Also phone Just Fun and demand to speak to Ricky himself.