What to do when a dodgy character cycles past you on a 50K bike

Bike Lore

43 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do?

• You adopt the attitude of N.M.P(Not My Problem) and ignore it
    • You follow him from a distance and attempt to call the cops while you tail him
    • Chase him down and tell him to stop and then you grab his front brake HARD at 40km/h.... and return the bike to the race....

Right so you are cycling to Jonkershoek on a Saturday morning and a very dodgy character heads your way. He is cycling a full carbon hard tail with a race number. He is wearing a worn t-shirt, slops and pants that has not seen a wash since the previous owner gave him the pants.

{Edited by a Mod - coz we's pedantic likes that. :P }

Edited by RodTi

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right so you are cycling to Jonkershoek on a Saturday morning and a very doggy character heads your way. he is cycling a full carbon hard tail with a race number. He is wearing a worn t-shirt, slops and pants that has not seen a wash sins the previous owner gave him the pants.

Sounds like a description of some of my friends :blink:

but really what do you do? no helmet, no shoos on a clip on bike. heading away from a race area.

Edited by Hannes Zietsman

but really what do you do? no helmet, no shoos on a clip on bike. heading away from a race area.

Personally I would have followed him, asked a few question and tried to call the cops. Since it is looking very possible that he has nicked it from a race area.

Thats just me though.

Yup I think continue to follow the guy and place a call through to our esteemed police force. They will hopefully respond to the call before the bike either goes out of fashion or the alleged thief dies of old age.

open your survival kit, use the mirror to blind him so he falls off, and score yourself a bargain?

Edit. I realise that technique would work on anyone for any bike.

Edited by TNT1

a funny story...

my uncles Yeti was stolen off the back of his bakkie a week before he was going to ride the Epic, he managed to get a replacement bike for the race but a few days later he is driving down one of the main roads in jhb and unbelievably this dodgy looking character guy is riding his bike down the street, so he somehow drives him off the bike while hold this guy and stopping the bike from falling onto the street, he stops the bakkie, ties the oke to the roll bar puts his bike on back of the bakkie and drives to the cop station and arrests the oke :clap: :lol:

that's how it's done!