EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

I do hope they give Sagan the support to take a couple of stages or green - even though its only his second grand tour after a Vuelta.

Yip!

:-)

"Today I knew the sprinters wouldn't be there at the finish and it ended up with (Ivan) Basso and (Vincenzo) Nibali working for me! I would shine Basso's shoes if he asked, so I really can't say thank you enough to him."

+

Nibs in good touch at 18" behind yellow.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip!

:-)

"Today I knew the sprinters wouldn't be there at the finish and it ended up with (Ivan) Basso and (Vincenzo) Nibali working for me! I would shine Basso's shoes if he asked, so I really can't say thank you enough to him."

+

Nibs in good touch at 18" behind yellow.

Nibs is actually very comfortable at 1 sec behind Evans, who, on paper, should be a better TT rider than him and should have opened a bigger gap, so its looking hopeful for him going into the bumpier stages.

TdF @ Stage 4:

Young Sagan maintains a formidable lead in the green jersey classification.

:clap: :clap:

Interesting view from the team's coach:

Liquigas-Cannondale’s trainer, Paolo Slongo thinks that more is possible for the 22-year-old.

He told Cycling Weekly, “My personal bet is that – with the proper maturation, weight loss – is that he’ll become a Grand Tour rider. Like Armstrong, who began his career as a bigger rider, a little brash, who no one gave much faith. He has no limits in the one-day races and I’m betting on the Grand Tours as well.”

For a team whose major title sponsor is withdrawing at the end of the season, Sagan is a bright success.

Wanna reconsider, Liquigas?

From velonews:

In his post-race press conference, Sagan said he will look toward Vincenzo Nibali once the race tilts skyward on Saturday. He also said he was not the team leader in any fashion.

“It’s Nibali. He’s here for the overall classification. But the fact that I won stages, it’s very important for the team because we already have something in our pockets,” Sagan said, noting the wins took some pressure off Nibali. “I will be looking at him, and be happy if he can do something great in the general classification.”

"I looked left and saw luscious green grass. Even sitting last wheel at that speed, I had almost no chance to miss the crash had I gone straight.

I have got to say a thank you to Daniele Oss from Liquigas who stopped me from hitting him and/or going over the handle bars. I had “almost” stopped when he saw me coming, and he knew it was not going to not be a pretty sight if we did impact, so he actually grabbed me. He grabbed me by the shoulders and saved us both a lot of pain I am sure."

Robbie Hunter about Stage 6

Here's hoping Nibs can stay in contention after a good 1st week of TdF.

The longer Alpine climbs suit him much better.

Go, boytjie!!!

http://cdn4.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2012/07/08/2/bettiniphoto_0115688_1_full_600.jpg

Here's hoping Nibs can stay in contention after a good 1st week of TdF.

The longer Alpine climbs suit him much better.

Go, boytjie!!!

+1

"I was trying to get away on the descent alright," Nibali said. "I knew that Evans would be able to follow me, so I suppose it was a bit of an effort to get away even if I knew the descent was very short. It was very difficult, and there was a headwind on the run-in afterwards, so it was going to very hard to stay away."

Nibs dropped one position lower on GC by a spectacular TT effort by Sky servant, Froome.

Hang in there, Sicilian!

:clap: :clap:

Hopefully, Sagan saved his legs to fight for the Maillot Vert on another day!

Cool pic.

http://cyclingtipscontent.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/stage_9_tdf_2012_o-nev_6529.jpg

Another cool one from the guys who know how to take pictures!

http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/tour_de_france_2012a/bp10.jpg

Another cool one from the guys who know how to take pictures!

http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/tour_de_france_2012a/bp10.jpg

Aaah, the traditional V for Victory salute.

:w00t:

Or was he doing a wheelie there on a 23 degree climb at the same time.

Edited by ' Dale