PPA and WP Cycling Association

kempo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

eks nou skrikkerig om huistoe te gaan. eers moet ek deur du noon en dan oor tiekiedraai. vir watter gedeelte moet ek worry! a) hijack - ek ken nie 'n jack nie - check b) tiekiedraai - pienk MANS - scary c) Poplars - netnou raak ek weg agter 'n stok of is dit stock? - even worse

enigiemand vir my raad?

hey pops en poker, julle is vreeslik naaais vandag - laat ek nou net iets oorkom, ok ek weet ook nie wat dan nie

As a Joburger and non ppa member, I refuse on principle to enter any ppa where ppa members are given a discount, or preferential seeding. I find that offensive.

kempo, I agree, dont see why I must join PPA if I have CSA licence. I feel if I have a CSA licence I can ride league without PPA membership. PPA is seen as a "province" in CSA (as far as voting goes), I allready have a province, why do I need another one??

Will take it up at our meeting next weekend in JHB.

As a Joburger and non ppa member' date=' I refuse on principle to enter any ppa where ppa members are given a discount, or preferential seeding. I find that offensive.[/quote']

Geez, I thought the plane ticket alone should be offence enough to keep you out?! 

By the way, here in Cape Town, Joburger is something jou have with Jochips and Jomilkshake.  Thought you might want to know....

O, I guess this means we WON'T see you at the Funride World Champs in March (as we get PPA discount)?  What a loss!

Damn straight wild dog, done 5 of those, moved on. In Joburg (yum) we have a big funride that doesn't rely on riders (that aren't really welcome) from the other side of the country to make it what it is numerically. Next weekend in fact, that attracts the biggest fields of licenced riders racing together. The fun bunches are not as big as the butchers picnic down south, which means less pile-ups. Thanks but no thanks.

Anyway I thought this was an anti PPA thread not a personal issue. Was just adding my 2c. Seems like some of you kaypees are a tad sensitive about your province.

buckstop' date=' I agree with you. Its time the PPA'S power get cut to allow WPCA be the Western Cape Controlling body in Cycling SA.[/quote']

not likely , i've seen the ppa okes in action, they talk themselves up and the CSA/WPCA down so much its quite embarressing. they (ppa) will never allow it.

I think I heard that the PPA had time till 2008 to AGREE OR GET BACK TO FUNRIDES ONLY.

So, its not a confirmed story, but their time is running out on the "RACING SIDE" of cycling.

Ag buckstop, we capies have a love/hate relationship with ppa. I also hate paying twice. But 4 now ppa are funding the csa, not the other way round! Wpca is under staffed and skilled and until that is ok, we capies will have to live with our split personality. Personally I think ppa should split into funride and admin. With admin merging with wpca and helping it grow.