Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

:D - Yeah, who knows.....personally I dont really care, doping issues do'nt really interest me, I watch the sport for the "spectacle" and to be honest I believe he provides great entertainment.

Agree, I love watching him ride up the mountains.

Lets hope TDF 2011 will be filled with excitiment from begining to end

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sjoe!!

'Berto is looking potent now.

Dunno who is gonna kick his bum in any race with some reasonable climbing terrain quite soon...

Guess he has to go all out now in case he gets ruled out.

But yes was reading Cadel evans comments said that Berto was in a league of his own when he attacked on the climb

Sjoe!!

'Berto is looking potent now.

Dunno who is gonna kick his bum in any race with some reasonable climbing terrain quite soon...

And somehow I just can't stop wondering why ?

Guess he has to go all out now in case he gets ruled out.

But yes was reading Cadel evans comments said that Berto was in a league of his own when he attacked on the climb

Yeah, I think he is concerned he may not get a spot at the TDF so has made the Giro his goal, but the interesting bit is that this cas caused a bit of a stir as now a few of the other big names have also said the Giro will be their prime objective this year as well, Kreutziger and Nibali especially, and now I see Carlos Sastre also just said the same.

Maybe its the Giro's year to shine, not that I didnt think it shone before as I have always preferred it to the tour, but personally I am tired of the Schlecks and Cadel and the usual crowd stagnating the event into a boring military parade, I love the heart of the giro and all the crazy Italians racing up and down some incredibly steep mountain in the mist.

The Kreuzinger - Contador - Nibali contest will be sweet at the Giro!

The new generation of riders.

Yummy!!

The Kreuzinger - Contador - Nibali contest will be sweet at the Giro!

The new generation of riders.

Yummy!!

Yeah, agreed, although I think 'Berto is a step above the two youngsters at the moment it will certainly liven things.

Yeah, agreed, although I think 'Berto is a step above the two youngsters at the moment it will certainly liven things.

I think that they wanna kick him off that top step big time.

Nibali, especially, looks very hungry. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

HOT OFF THE PRESS:

Alberto Contador now knows when he will have his hearing in court. His case will be pleaded from June 6 to 8 at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne, Switzerland, three and a half weeks prior to the start of the Tour de France.

The CAS announced the hearing schedule on Friday. The hearings in the two separate cases of UCI v. Contador and the WADA v. Contador will be hold on those three days.

FROM VELONEWS.COM:

Contador could face a two-year ban and lose his 2010 Tour de France crown if the three-member panel does not support his argument that traces of clenbuterol discovered during last year’s Tour came from accidental contamination from eating meat. Even if the panel accepts the explanation, Contador could face some form of penalty, that would very likely include the revocation of his 2010 Tour results.

It’s hard to predict how the decision might go. In the past, CAS has been in firm in backing WADA rules of “strict liability,” the argument that athlete’s must be held responsible for anything discovered in their bodies regardless of its source. Recent clenbuterol cases linked to contaminated meat, namely in Mexico and China, has created some second-guessing among some anti-doping authorities that clenbuterol should be re-classified as a threshold substance.

It’s also unclear how CAS would rule if it decides to ban Contador. The sport high court has taken a wide view on when to begin bans and how to handle subsequent athletic accomplishments. Contador did not race from last year’s Tour, but returned to competition after he was cleared to race by the Spanish federation. CAS could set any possible ban to begin from the date of the final decision and let his results from mid-February stand.

CAS could also support Contador’s arguments, opening the door for his participation in the 2011 Tour.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't check the link, so I'm not sure what it is about. My question about this whole Saga is that Contador was found with a performance enhancing drug in his blood. He claims that he got it from eating contaminated meat.

It was also said that the amount in his blood was so minute, in fact it was way below the minimum level.

If it was below the minimum level (and this has never been disputed), why are they trying so hard to find this guy guilty? Why do they even have a minimum level, if they totally ignor it when trying to sanction him.

I didn't check the link, so I'm not sure what it is about. My question about this whole Saga is that Contador was found with a performance enhancing drug in his blood. He claims that he got it from eating contaminated meat.

It was also said that the amount in his blood was so minute, in fact it was way below the minimum level.

If it was below the minimum level (and this has never been disputed), why are they trying so hard to find this guy guilty? Why do they even have a minimum level, if they totally ignor it when trying to sanction him.

The drug isn't a threshold drug.