Buying S.A colours

Renay

Theres no reason our governing bodies can't have a fund administered by fund managers for the purpose of geting riders to the worlds!

If something were started 5 years ago, it wouldn't be a problem.

At the very least, juniors should be giving funding to go over.

It would be interesting to know if this is being adresses at all, or is the old pleading poverty response now verbatim when riders need assistance.

In motorsport you can get 'SA' colors simply by doing well in South Africa. Racing internationall virtually assures you of colours, but there's no SA team and the competitors have to finance it themselves or find sponsorship.

.......... costs a lot to race overseas as you can't just arrive in the departures lounge and hand it a racing car as you check in!!

Renay - then you might ask the question why 8 U16's were awarded National colours - but not going anywhere? If CSA then want to try to look consistent - they will have to award you colours - I mean what is suppose to count for the one should for the other?

the lotto money was used to send the Olympic squad overseas for a period before world champs to get uci points, but only a few riders contributed to the points tally properly!

Breeze, if they are mountain bikers then they are by UCI law not allowed to race World Champs if they are not 17 years old. So i suppose they have to award them colours. But its a good point, I will ask about it!

Wow thats not cool. Ya iv had my own huge low when i trained really hard for WP champs only to get sick a weak before and i had to pull out.

I am not on "SA" level, and probably never will be (call it work commitments). I do however have my provincial colours for MTB (have represented my province in XC and DH - prefer XC), and the rules were that you have to START the national event (at three national meets), even if you don't finish, to qualify for your colours. It's probably the same concept?

Damn shame though still.

Renay that is ~bullsh!t...... and agree, talk about seperating the haves and the have nots!!!!!!!

Golf which is seen as an 'elitest sport' does more to dissolve that line.

Guest colonel
Really sorry to hear that Renay.That really SUCKS.Sorry windbreaker you can be SA champ and not get SA colours.I think the rule is you have to have represented your country to get SA colours so Renay is right' date='you buy your SA coloursAngry [/quote']

Same as in Motocross if you win a SA title you dont always get SA Colours but if you represent SA at the Des Nations or at the SA MXGP you get colours which is also a Joke.

In mountain biking we have to pay for ourselves to go to Worlds' date=' and me being a student I couldn't afford it.

QUOTE']

Next time you come to theHub first. There are lots people with loads of goodwill who would like to help if there is real need.

In mountain biking we have to pay for ourselves to go to Worlds' date=' and me being a student I couldn't afford it.

QUOTE']

Next time you come to theHub first. There are lots people with loads of goodwill who would like to help if there is real need.

With 2000 hubbers each donating a R10. That could've helped you.

sorry to hear about this...