I want a hardtail again...

LazyTrailRider

ritchey had the coolest frames, I remember bernd fink who was the 'burry stander' of the day had one with a yellow judy sl - what a hot bike.....

Hmmm, I don't know. What's the point of a steel MTB, & how is it better than an aluminium one? It will rust...

ritchey had the coolest frames, I remember bernd fink who was the 'burry stander' of the day had one with a yellow judy sl - what a hot bike.....

I remember that, those yellow Judy SLs were the bizniz then too! :thumbup:

Gotta photo somewhere from MBI/MBUK with Tomac on his Raleigh battling it out with Frischnecht on his Ritchey, one of the Euro Grunding WC mudfests.

Auctionlamb and Christie:

*Sigh*

This is something you either appreciate, or you don't :)

Have you ever ridden a high-end steel framed MTB? The trail feel and liveliness is unbelievable.

Hmmm, I don't know. What's the point of a steel MTB, & how is it better than an aluminium one? It will rust...

And aluminium will corrode...

More forgiving than alu in terms of bump absorption, and can use less of it in order to get the same strength characteristics.

Plus, it just looks damn sexy.

I remember that, those yellow Judy SLs were the bizniz then too! :thumbup:

Gotta photo somewhere from MBI/MBUK with Tomac on his Raleigh battling it out with Frischnecht on his Ritchey, one of the Euro Grunding WC mudfests.

Yeah, I had tons of those mags. Epic battles were had between Frischy and Johnny T! Juli Furtado also made the Judy SL famous.

More forgiving than alu in terms of bump absorption, and can use less of it in order to get the same strength characteristics.

Plus, it doesn't fatigue over time.

Yeah, I had tons of those mags. Epic battles were had between Frischy and Johnny T! Juli Furtado also made the Judy SL famous.

Heh... remember that as well. Used to live for my collections of Bike, MBA, MBUK and MBI! Tinker Juarez, Myles Rockwell, Ned Overend, Johnny T, Paola Pezzo, 'Pistol' Pete ... etc etc etc