Holla Trails

Guest Iron

This i think is the correct place to post this. Just got back from five days of riding trails at Holla Trails in KZN, Been there 3 times over the last year ( spending 4 days odd there each time ).

I want to say how fantastic this venue is and how awesome the trails are , each time i go there are new trails , always well marked and ALWAYS cleaned of over growth.

A BIG Thumbs up to all who do there part out there and long may this continue as it has some of the best riding around.

THANK YOU HOLLA !!!!

If the girl on the web page is the trail guide,Holla trails will see me tomorrow :P

I live 2km from the trail head, and besides long weekend rides, sometimes hit the trails before work too. There's so much variety - from easy flat rides for noobies, to small kiddie trails, to the big 85km route that the Golovan X-Plore race uses (http://www.golovane.co.za). It really is a special place for mtb.

The routes all start out from Collisheen Estate, just outside Ballito.

Here are the co-ordinates for Collisheen:

29° 29.501'S

31° 10.903'E

I live 2km from the trail head, and besides long weekend rides, sometimes hit the trails before work too. There's so much variety - from easy flat rides for noobies, to small kiddie trails, to the big 85km route that the Golovan X-Plore race uses (http://www.golovane.co.za). It really is a special place for mtb.

The routes all start out from Collisheen Estate, just outside Ballito.

Here are the co-ordinates for Collisheen:

29° 29.501'S

31° 10.903'E

Thanks for adding this , i should have done the same at the start.

PS black and yellow are my new best rides there!

• 3 months later...

We're in Ballito for the weekend for a wedding. Anyone keen to hit the 85km on friday?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! Nic here from Holla Trails

Just came across the great compliment at the top and gotta say a thanks for putting that sort of comment up. We do work hard at providing great trails and while we are overwhelmed by the other duties that go along with this (memberships, admin, advertising, websites, managing staff, liasing with riders etc etc etc), we are proud of our trails.

I also forget how great the trails are until I bring friends here from elsewhere in the country and get comments like those above.

That sort of feedback is fuel for our fires.

(by the way I am finalising the final route for the John Dory's Golovane on 10 July 2011. The track is riding awesomely and you gonna love it. Based largely on yellow but with some new stuff thrown in.

Don't forget it has the biggest prize money for a 50 km race in the country so there are going to be some big names there.)

Thanks guys! Nic here from Holla Trails

Just came across the great compliment at the top and gotta say a thanks for putting that sort of comment up. We do work hard at providing great trails and while we are overwhelmed by the other duties that go along with this (memberships, admin, advertising, websites, managing staff, liasing with riders etc etc etc), we are proud of our trails.

I also forget how great the trails are until I bring friends here from elsewhere in the country and get comments like those above.

That sort of feedback is fuel for our fires.

(by the way I am finalising the final route for the John Dory's Golovane on 10 July 2011. The track is riding awesomely and you gonna love it. Based largely on yellow but with some new stuff thrown in.

Don't forget it has the biggest prize money for a 50 km race in the country so there are going to be some big names there.)

Will be there, Nic, looking forward to it.

Nice to be able to just cycle to a race from my house for a change :D

My only complaint/ suggestion was the route/ trail markings need to be clearer - Got horribly lost while riding on my ace. Otherwise its great, two thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yip, me too. Riding alone is not good here. Unmarked purple trail due road works. Ended up to hell and gone. Serious ride back though.

Yip, me too. Riding alone is not good here. Unmarked purple trail due road works. Ended up to hell and gone. Serious ride back though.

Bwah ha ha :lol: , this seems to happen to a lot of folks that ride there by themselves. I know of at least two other people that have had the same experience as us.

Holla Rocks !! we have a holiday home in Balito and everytime we go down my wife wants to fly and i want to drive so i can take my bike ( dont trust airlines with it ) will be down again soon to do some riding with Ty and the boys . anyone who goes must go attend the time trails on a Wed ( think its Wed ) on the orange route , its a jol.

Never got lost there and have done allot of riding on my own on most of the routes , yellow, maroon,black,purple,orange.

Keep it up Holla

gotta say the best track there is the first part of the maroon (before the river) followed up with the silver singletrack next to the dam! AWESOME!

Im in love with the yellow , it has it all. Distance , single track , climbs .