Police Brutality in Melville

StevieL

I wonder why they only were picking on the one guy. Was he the one who threw the bottle? or was he saying some stupid things to the cops. Doesn't look like they brutalised anyone else. I'm not saying its right at all, nothing justifies that, but there must be a reason he was singled out.

Throwing a bottle from the second story of a building at a policeman is also a pretty stupid thing to do... Not exaclty a role model for society. I would go as far as saying that if that hits someone on the head they could be killed.

Not condoning what the cops did. Just saying.

I wonder why they only were picking on the one guy. Was he the one who threw the bottle? or was he saying some stupid things to the cops. Doesn't look like they brutalised anyone else. I'm not saying its right at all, nothing justifies that, but there must be a reason he was singled out.

Throwing a bottle from the second story of a building at a policeman is also a pretty stupid thing to do... Not exaclty a role model for society. I would go as far as saying that if that hits someone on the head they could be killed.

Not condoning what the cops did. Just saying.

Fully agree. However, if it was him that threw the bottle, head upstairs, cuff him and take him downtown.

Lead by example...

Edited by StevieL

Fully agree. However, if it was him that threw the bottle, head upstairs, cuff him and take him downtown.

..and then donner him. Didn't these coppers learn anything from the apartheid era?

Edited by TNT1

..and then donner him. Didn't these coppers learn anything from the apartheid era?

Precisely. Sans CCTV. And then still be employed come Monday morning... :P

No these guys should have been in school,back then, but instead were getting donnerd

this happens all over the world! it's wrong, but its not an isolated South African incident!

My sister is a crown prosecutor and it's the same in the Uk. And the cops can be as dim as this, beating a guy up in front of cameras but reporting that he attacked them.

Those sick bastards, Rodney King springs to mind. :(

At least Rodney King really was a criminal. SAPS nothing but criminals with badges. In NZ the cops are here to help you.

I doubt if they knew the guy they are beating up was responsible for throwing anything, In the video footage they hit him, then allow him to walk away before climbing into him again. Most likley he said something they did not like.

If the footage did not exist the cops would have denied any brutality and i do believe the club might be targeted now for exposing it.

Three very recent cases of SAP overstepping their mandate and doing as they please, this one, unauthorised raid on Public Protector office and in Pta Metro cops were prevented from ticketing illegally parked private cars belonging to SAP.

At least Rodney King really was a criminal. SAPS nothing but criminals with badges. In NZ the cops are here to help you.

You would think that this is what they are meant to be doing, anywhere ;)