Cape Times Vigne-a-Vigne 2011

SWM1

Anyone doing this?

To those who did it last year - what was the 26km route like?

Edited by SWM1

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm doing the 50km but my first one.

Some info is always appreciated

fantastic ride this (50km) - lots of up and down - and not very technical. Make sure your granny gear and brakes work. Starts off going into / past the vineyards and then into the mountains/hills. Lots of forest roads and long steady hills - with fresh cool water running down some corners and a muddy patch or two as found in most forest rides. Gonna love it, but don't underestimate it.

Also did the 50km last year. Its a good MTB ride and the area is stunning. You do a fair bit of climbing, take note. Want to do it again this year but i dont really know if its worth paying R180 entry fee

fantastic ride this (50km) - lots of up and down - and not very technical. Make sure your granny gear and brakes work. Starts off going into / past the vineyards and then into the mountains/hills. Lots of forest roads and long steady hills - with fresh cool water running down some corners and a muddy patch or two as found in most forest rides. Gonna love it, but don't underestimate it.

Thanks that sounds awesome. Don't mind technical to much.

Doing the 27km as my first mtb event so am a bit nervous and would also appreciate any info available.

did my first race earlier this year with not a lot of training. The only advice I can give you is to take it slow and enjoy it. (most races you only need to go at 12km/h to make cut off) First race was chaotic with everyone racing. don't get pulled into it. 27km is not that far so if you take it slow and enjoy the vibe, view and other cyclists you'll have a blast. (

did my first race earlier this year with not a lot of training. The only advice I can give you is to take it slow and enjoy it. (most races you only need to go at 12km/h to make cut off) First race was chaotic with everyone racing. don't get pulled into it. 27km is not that far so if you take it slow and enjoy the vibe, view and other cyclists you'll have a blast. (

Hoping to do it in under 2 hours but what type of hills to expect ,just a few mild climbs or a mother or two??

Hoping to do it in under 2 hours but what type of hills to expect ,just a few mild climbs or a mother or two??

well it depends on what your perspective of a mother is. You are sure to get at least one minor hill but as your first race you might see it as a mother. The sub 40km are normally not to technical and do not have to much climbing so you should be fine.

let us know if you did that sub 2.

here is last years 55km..did mail organizers for this year's profiles want mens weet mos nooit met die mense! vat nou mar die argus mtb 26km(2010 and printed on back of medal) previous years, so this year it was advertised as 25km(2011 also printed on back of medal)..we all finished and odo's said 20km!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wtf?????????????

anycase here it is:

post-5290-0-21862100-1300366091.jpg

I did the short route last year and I thought it was great. There was a bit of everything, mud, jeep track, single track (although congested) and the climbs were not too bad. Looking forward to the long one this year.

Maybe this would help?

selle as die lourensford classic??? i have the exact profile for last years' LC huh?? cant ever remember that they were the samehuh.gifhuh.gif