Cape Times Vigne-a-Vigne 2011

SWM1

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think they are all the same, friends of mine did the short route and got the same medal as last year just diff date. bottle opener medal. No Distance on there.

I did the short distance and mine has "27km - Finisher 2011" on it.

They asked at the finish whether I completed the long or the short route. Haven't looked at the medals yet, but I suppose they differ :blink:

The label/sticker on the medal states which distance you did.

I did the long route and my medals says something about 50km.

and it was a 55km race

Perhaps they should outsource the Vigne a Vigne next year to another events coordinator.

I Phoned them yesterday to complain and the lady I spoke to at grandstand events management was not aware of the issues. I told her to look at this forum to see the issues.

She further told me that they outsourced the event logistics to another org as this seems to have been the problem

I Phoned them yesterday to complain and the lady I spoke to at grandstand events management was not aware of the issues. I told her to look at this forum to see the issues.

She further told me that they outsourced the event logistics to another org as this seems to have been the problem

Well I mailed grandstand management on Monday to find out about results etc. I always try to keep my comments constructive, but to date I have not heard from them. Its not quite the service I expected from them.

Maybe you guys should attach the link of this thread to them.....

+1 for venue

-10 for event organisers

+1 for venue

-10 for event organisers

Sent that to them on Monday already! Still no reply - Swak style!

Sent that to them on Monday already! Still no reply - Swak style!

Thinking of dropping Cape Times Advertising/Sponsorship department an email, just to inform them of the amateurs they are sponsoring/linked to/working with????

+1 for venue

-10 for event organisers

venue yes +1

grandstand management -20thumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gif

when i asked about tog bag facilities this is the reply i got:

Helloise,

Because it is a one day race and a big event, most people actually drive there. Just to let you know, you are the first person to ask for holding facilities. It is not bad service, it is practical planning. For interest sake, please let me know what other one day events offer this service.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Danielle McDonald

Events Assistant

dan nog cheeky daarby they also did the vineyard run and they had tog bag facilities... so i gave her a LIST!

Thinking of dropping Cape Times Advertising/Sponsorship department an email, just to inform them of the amateurs they are sponsoring/linked to/working with????

DO IT, they need a wake up call.

So, Friday has arrived and no results yet! Just the fact that you have to pay a premium to enter this race makes one want to expect premium service. That includes results before the next year's race. :thumbdown:

So, Friday has arrived and no results yet! Just the fact that you have to pay a premium to enter this race makes one want to expect premium service. That includes results before the next year's race. :thumbdown:

I didn't make the podium, so don't care much for the results (I've got my time logged on my garmin for my own records). What would be nice is some communication in this regard. If they tell us that sorry they forgot to time the damn thing or the 12 year old kid they asked to write down the numbers and times is dyslexic then at least we know ;)

Unfortunately I don't have a Garmin - just a regular cycle computer and I'm not even sure it's accurate all the time. Plus it obviously only times when the wheels are turning, so doesn't take into account my stops... I'm just really curious to know what my finishing time was and also it's nice to have a photo from the event (and yes, there was DEFINITELY a photographer on the 27km, maybe he cleared out early like the rest of the crew :blush: )

Wish they'd get their A's into G.