Formula 1...

'Dale

Last nights race was brilliant, I really felt sorry for Alonso he must of been over the moon when Vettle bombed out in the first lap only to be crushed when MSC let Vettle slip up to 6th position and allowing him to win the championship.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last nights race was brilliant, I really felt sorry for Alonso he must of been over the moon when Vettle bombed out in the first lap only to be crushed when MSC let Vettle slip up to 6th position and allowing him to win the championship.

IMHO it was a very sporting move by MSC. He knew Vettel was streams ahead of him in terms of speed, and the conditions were too dangerous for it to be an all out contention. Pretty much the same reason that Vettel backed off of Massa in the latter stages. He was racing too dangerously and didn't want to risk a pass.

His move aside was a well reasoned strategy. Rather than risking both of them going out (as Vettel WOULD have attempted a pass on MSC eventually) he went aside and let him come trhough, so both of them survived.

And once again, Vettel came from the back, when the chips were stacked against him. If this hasn't proven that he's a truly great driver, then nothing will. Came from the back in the dry, only to come from the back in the wet a race later. What a champ!

Vettel, yeah, is special.

Schumi's enthusiastic congratulations with him in the pits was also very cool.

Vettel, yeah, is special.

Schumi's enthusiastic congratulations with him in the pits was also very cool.

Yeah, they're apparently very close. I imagine Schumi could give him a lot of pointers, despite his "comeback" amounting to nothing. Albeit the car that he was in was hardly top echelon.

I'm not a fan of the guy (sorry Puncheur) - but I really felt for ole Hamster last night. But then again, maybe a case of what goes around and wheels turning...

In the same breath, however - to then give Hulk a drive-through?! eek.gif Seriaas?! I mean do they really want to detract from any overtaking opportunity by telling them "Hey, if something goes wrong, you'll be penalised?!" Jeez, that was... just a racing incident. No harm intended and the overtake went wrong, losing control in the wet... sheet happens. I was stumped.

Driver of the year vs car of the year! Alonso did well to even be in the chase until the last race. Do you even remember how far off the pace they were in Aus?! Ja, agreed, they played the team game at times. All in all, it was good entertainment last night! (I watched "delayed live" - thanks PVR tech!)

TNT: Alesi and Berger days?! Youngster... ph34r.png whistling.gif

That's racing, Seabee...

What a season?

Wonder what the Hamster can achieve in the Merc paddock. Gonna be interesting.

My point exactly: that's racing, why penalise Hulkenburg?!

Yeah, will be interesting. On the flipside, Perez looks like the Macca pressure is already getting to him. And Hulk moving from FI to Sauber - personally I wonder whether FI may not have been a better bet, they've come on really strong towards the end of the season. Let's see...

My point exactly: that's racing, why penalise Hulkenburg?!

Yeah, will be interesting. On the flipside, Perez looks like the Macca pressure is already getting to him. And Hulk moving from FI to Sauber - personally I wonder whether FI may not have been a better bet, they've come on really strong towards the end of the season. Let's see...

Hulkenberg's penalty was unfair.

Was hoping he'd clinch the top spot.

Oh dear

It appears Ferrari might protest the result from Sunday.

It appears Vettel did some overtaking under yellow flags.

When I heard that I was appalled. If I were Alonso, I wouldn't want to win under that cloud...

Sounds to me like sneaky underhanded dealings, most typical of McLaren...

Cough sorry Mayhem look at the schumi glory days Nothing is below Ferrari especially when it comes to underhanded tactics cheating, bending the rules to suit them. This does not surprise me one iota, and I guarantee you if they pull it off they will celebrate like there's no tomorrow.

Mclaren got caught up in a scandal once (which wasn't really a scandal that behavior was ongoing since the beginning of time by all teams) but when Ferrari saw they were getting their asses kicked they complained about it. While other teams (think it was Renault) had evidence that Ferrari did exactly the same that year.

Im still amazed that Ferrari didn't give Massa the order to take Vettel out, or maybe Massa just never had the chance.

Could get quite technical. When are you allowed to overtake, when you can see the green flag(light), or only from the point of the green light?

Just like speed limits on the road, they only apply from that point of the sign and onwards.

Here's the video. Shows he overtook on a green. Yes, he passed a yellow, but immediately after the yellow a Green was shown, signaling the all clear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeNvmPcNlwI

Yeah but he took it before he passed the green, he over took 15 seconds into the clip the green only came up at 20sec not sure how the rules work on that one. But he definitely passed before he got next to the green.