Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment the politics is imo better than the racing at the moment, especially regarding Ferrari, Vettel and Alonso

Last month i saw this interview on the Sky Formula one channel ...

Interesting. F1 is a cut throat business with LOTS of egos and prima donnas...let's see how his approach works out for him. 

Edited by Iwan Kemp

A number of outlets including Sky F1 have confirmed that Jules Bianchi is no longer breathing unaided. The FIA and Marussia have yet to confirm it for themselves however.

Unfortunately, the young racer has been intubated and placed on mechanical ventilation ... Also known as life support. He may also require a second operation to stop what's being referred to as 'cranial bleeding.' As his father told reporters yesterday, his son is dealing with a Subdural Hematoma.

I wonder if F1 will consider closed cockpits or consider inflatable rubber bumpers around the agricultural equipment

there is a video of the Bianchi crash filmed by an F1 spectator. It is not pretty and I don't recommend watching it. After watching it I feel Mr J. Bianchi is going to need all the prayers and good karma that he can absorb. Truly horrific accident :(

Saw that spectator video and my first thoughts was that he was extremely lucky to have survived to begin with. It is horrible, cannot believe that impact.

I  beleive that this years low nose rules played a role in his survival in that the step at the front of the chassis allowed for the chassis to wedge under the tractor and lift it up. If that accident had happened last year the tractor would have slipped along the top of the chassis  decapitating him.

There's a lot to be learned but its clear heavy lift equipment and F1 cars should'nt be around each other. Maria Di Violotta's accident should have opened eyes to that fact

After watching the clip I'm beginning to understand why Sutil was looking so distressed.

I realise that most of these guys get paid a load of money to drive these cars, but I cannot comprehend how they can just switch off their emotions after what happen to Bianchi and drive again in a few days time.

I just saw the video, the reports of +50G impact is definately true.

It lifted the crane completely off of the ground!!!

I hope he pulls through but I doubt he will be riding a F1 car,or any car maybe, again.

1. #ForsaJules

2. Find it strange that the whole of the F1 world has gone quiet on the Vettel / Alonso / Ferrari / McLaren / Haas / Marussia / Hamilton / Kimi Who? story.

Not a single word since Sunday. That is strange for a sport that have outlets that will generally publish any fluff.

1. #ForsaJules

2. Find it strange that the whole of the F1 world has gone quiet on the Vettel / Alonso / Ferrari / McLaren / Haas / Marussia / Hamilton / Kimi Who? story.

Not a single word since Sunday. That is strange for a sport that have outlets that will generally publish any fluff.

The F1 world has been very luck over the last 20 years. This accident is the worst I have seen over this period and I'm not surprised they have gone quiet.

Edited by Baldrick

I for one am tired of people saying Vettel is going to Ferrari.

While it seems it may be true it has by no means been confirmed. I will reject these claims and keep hoping for him to sign with Mclaren Honda.

Interesting story I read where Ron Dennis has come out and said the following:

“There are lots of people who take great encouragement from finishing or qualifying in third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh…” Dennis said ahead of the Japanese Grand Prix. “This team has never done that, and the one thing that jumps at you if you look at all the qualifications of this year is the time difference between the Mercedes-Benz works team and the other teams. And by and large it's always in excess of a second, putting aside the pace which they can generate in a grand prix when they're on their back foot.

“What does that mean? My opinion – an opinion held by many people in our organisation – is you have no chance of winning a world championship if you are not receiving the best engines from whoever is manufacturing your engines.

“A modern grand prix engine at this moment in time isn't about sheer power, it's about how you harvest the energy, how you store the energy and effectively if you don't have the control of that process – meaning access to source code – you're not going to be able to stabilise your car on the entry to corners etc. and you lose lots of lap time.”

And Dennis believes McLaren's switch to Honda next year will help it close the gap in terms of power unit performance, but warns it is likely to take time.

“Even though you have the same brand of engine that does not mean that you have the possibility to optimise the engine. So you've got to put yourself in to a position where you have the best engine available. That's what we've done over approaching years.”

1. #ForsaJules

The F1 world is focussing on Jules, as it should.