Formula 1...

'Dale

Also like the fresh scheme on the Sauber! Different colour will stand out nicely - hopefully closer to the front than last year.

The noses of last year was basically banned for this year with all kinds of minimum widths, etc. So imagine my surprise when I actually saw the mini-protrusions on the Williams and... was it Force India? 

Saw some shots of the Merc last night as well.

New Ferrari also looks nice. Still don't like the black section at the rear end of the car which they've retained. And interesting to me - for the first time I can remember, they're not running under the FIAT brand, but have a Alfa stamp on the car...  :eek:

Looking at it, a lot of the cars thusfar actually look quite similar (if you take the paint off...) 

Last rant - when will Pirelli blend their logo into the curve of the wheel?! :cursing:

Some Ferrari pics, one with some interesting stats:

attachicon.gifFerr15-1.jpg

attachicon.gifspecifications-en.jpg

"13" WHEELS".... Ridonculous. 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sponsor colours are blue and yellow...

What does blue have to do with Sauber's roots? Only time I can recall them being blue (in F1), was the RB sponsored time. 

But either way, I'm glad to see some colour!

Edited by SeaBee

I believe FIAT announced its intention to offloaded its 90%  ahare in Ferrari last year.

Hence no FIAT branding

What does blue have to do with Sauber's roots?

Looks like blue to me :D

http://cdn05.motorsportretro.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Screen-Shot-2013-11-08-at-10.23.13-AM.png

"13" WHEELS".... Ridonculous. 

Iwan, have you heard anything further about the mov to the 17" TYRES?

I remember it was Lotus(?) who tested them, would lead to better development for road tyres I believe.

Iwan, have you heard anything further about the mov to the 17" TYRES?

I remember it was Lotus(?) who tested them, would lead to better development for road tyres I believe.

Last I heard was 18" wheels coming in 2017.Pirelli wants to go 19" and said they can do it for 2016.

Meanwhile at the 1st day ofvtesting Merc is 0.8 clear of their nearest rival (Bottas) and has done more laps than all of the rest combined.

Last I heard was 18" wheels coming in 2017.Pirelli wants to go 19" and said they can do it for 2016.

Meanwhile at the 1st day ofvtesting Merc is 0.8 clear of their nearest rival (Bottas) and has done more laps than all of the rest combined.

Ouch, thtt doesn't bode well for a more competitive season.

And that's the chequered flag. Vettel and Ferrari top the first day of pre-season testing in 2015. Raikkonen did the same last year...

1 Vettel (Ferrari), 1m22.620s
2 Ericsson (Sauber), 1m22.777s
3 Rosberg (Mercedes), 1m23.106s
4 Ricciardo (Red Bull), 1m23.338s
5 Bottas (Williams), 1m23.906s
6 Sainz (Toro Rosso), 1m25.327s
7 Alonso (McLaren), 1m40.738s

Here's the lap count for the day:
Rosberg - 157 laps
Ericsson - 73 laps
Bottas - 73 laps
Vettel - 60 laps
Sainz - 46 laps
Ricciardo - 35 laps
Alonso - 6 laps

EDD STRAW: "OK, Mercedes has already had the car on track before today on a promotional day, but to log 150 laps on the first official test day is absolutely outstanding. Looking strong."

Interesting news for McLaren fans:

@McLarenF1: Ron Dennis: "Our 2015 livery will change, but I'm not going to say when..." 

And that's the chequered flag. Vettel and Ferrari top the first day of pre-season testing in 2015. Raikkonen did the same last year...

1 Vettel (Ferrari), 1m22.620s
2 Ericsson (Sauber), 1m22.777s
3 Rosberg (Mercedes), 1m23.106s
4 Ricciardo (Red Bull), 1m23.338s
5 Bottas (Williams), 1m23.906s
6 Sainz (Toro Rosso), 1m25.327s
7 Alonso (McLaren), 1m40.738s

Here's the lap count for the day:
Rosberg - 157 laps
Ericsson - 73 laps
Bottas - 73 laps
Vettel - 60 laps
Sainz - 46 laps
Ricciardo - 35 laps
Alonso - 6 laps

EDD STRAW: "OK, Mercedes has already had the car on track before today on a promotional day, but to log 150 laps on the first official test day is absolutely outstanding. Looking strong."

That's a shed-load of laps from Rosberg... 

And Alonso? Shem. I know it's only pre-season testing, but still - that's less than Renault did last year...

So what happened to Honda's supposed objection to the silverish scheme (and the tie to Merc)?! Not much has changed...

MObil1 branding is also Silver.

What does blue have to do with Sauber's roots?

Looks like blue to me :D

http://cdn05.motorsportretro.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Screen-Shot-2013-11-08-at-10.23.13-AM.png

Haha, yeah it does, but that was (to my knowledge) their ONLY blue car in sportcars! But that is a great livery, though.

Kinda related....

Nissan's 2015 LMP1 challenger. Front wheel driver, front mounted engine with bigger wheels front than rear...sure is different if nothing else.

http://cdn-4.motorsport.com/static/img/mgl/1900000/1980000/1980000/1980800/1980874/s8/wec-nissan-gt-r-lm-launch-2015-the-nissan-gt-r-lm-nismo.jpg