Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

..and now we have to start hearing he's (hahahaha) an old-school racer! Laughed myself silly when I read the heading...

Drivers nowadays have no clue what old-school is. 

BTW - he won his first cart championship with #44, if I have it correctly. From there the significance.

oh dear

http://www.grandprix247.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Lewis-Hamilton-F1-Grand-Prix-Italy-Previews-bYTHub7dk8tx-001-750x497.jpg

Looks like a Paulsmoor Tattoo. Pappa wag vir jou 

• 2 weeks later...

he raced with that number in go-karts

I believe he won his first British or European Karting Championship with that number, hence the attachment

Romain to be confirmed, but yes I think so too. Should get hi on Ferrari's radar for 2017. Glad for him, sad for Hulkenberg.

Lotus needing the cash makes sense. Unfortunately. If Renault needed cash they should've gone for Perez. - maybe they did and that's the reason he hasn't been confirmed at Force India yet. 

Pastor's F1 record:

post-1575-0-52090800-1442822186_thumb.png

Looks like it's basically a done deal reading this. Suppose Grosjean moving on will open the door for JEV to return should Renault take over Lotus

Grosjean poised for Haas confirmation

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/grosjean-poised-for-haas-confirmation

Romain Grosjean will commit his Formula 1 future to Haas immediately after the Japanese Grand Prix, unless Renault is able to complete its planned takeover of Lotus by then.

The Frenchman has been eager to become a part of a new Renault works effort in F1, but the situation regarding the manufacturer's takeover of the Lotus squad has still not been resolved.

Sources have revealed that Grosjean already has a framework deal in place with Haas for 2016 – which comes as part of a wider deal the has been agreed in partnership with Ferrari.

The tie-up with Maranello would put him in a strong position to make himself a candidate for replacing Kimi Raikkonen in 2017.

Pastor's F1 record:

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

His win in 2012 such a strange anomaly...  A bit like Japan beating the boks.

Although, maybe I am being unfair to Japan here...

Edited by dracs

Any truth to the VW buying out Red Bull rumours???

Will use Ferrari engines initially before using VW engines from 2018 if I remember correctly.

If it's true, it is seriously exciting stuff

Oh, I see all the Hamster supporters are quiet today........................

Such a strange weekend. Is it possible that the tyre pressure story is playing such a big role for Merc? Technically, Vettel could still win the championship. 1 or 2 more failures from Merc and he is right up there. He is only 8 points behind Rosberg as it is.

I think THIS TIME, there is truth to the rumor. The biggest stumbling block has been removed when Ferdinand Piech's resigned from his post as chairman of the VW Group. Him and Bernie did not see eye to eye.

Audi has employed some F1 people already in some funny rolls so they are definitely looking into it. Red Bull and VW Group have been working together for many many years so it would make sense.

Rumors are that VW Group will buy the team with RB staying on as title sponsor. Audi already have experience with hybrid power units so should be better from the off than Honda.  They are running a 4.0L V6 diesel in Le Mans and Porsche is running a 2L V4 petrol.

Just for reference Mazda is racing Le Mans with a 3.7 L 90-degree V8 aspirated Normally aspirated mid, longitudinally mounted and Nissan 3.0 L direct-injected twin-turbocharged V6 engine in a longitudinal front mid-engine configuration.

Anyway. It would be GREAT for F1 should VW / Audi enter the sport as the 5th manufacturer. Judging by their approach in other categories I have little doubt they will be winning races sooner rather than later.

Such a strange weekend. Is it possible that the tyre pressure story is playing such a big role for Merc? Technically, Vettel could still win the championship. 1 or 2 more failures from Merc and he is right up there. He is only 8 points behind Rosberg as it is.

Yip, on paper and don't count him out. He's smelling blood and will be going for it. Merc has been experiencing problems with the upgraded engine - they can easily revert back to the old spec and run out the season if they feel it would be safer.

Rob Smedley gave some good insights in terms of what he thinks is going on. All to do with the compounds used for Singapore and their characteristics on top of the circuit's.