Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the 2016 and 2017 plan was to run the engine in the red Bull under the Lamborghini or Bugatti names until the team would rebranded to wahtever Volkswagen wants to call the team.

Audi

Volkswagen

Auto Union

Bugatti

take your pick.

Red Bull needed to get out of the Renault contract to make this happen and Renault gave them the perfect excuse by delivering grenades instead of F1 engines. The plan, whatever it is has obviously come unstuck now with VW embroiled in an emissions cheating scandal

No way was there going to be a VW engine of any sort or badged whichever way ready for 2016.  Unless you know of some skunkworks project that is very well underway?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, they even make a story called "hatgate". How desperate can you be for a story if a non-event like that becomes newsworthy?! And that ironically after a reasonably entertaining race. 

F1, as dull as ditch water at the moment.

You only have to look at the fact that a whole race went by, champion crowned, tiff between Rosberg and Hamilton over contact AGAIN, and yet no posts.

Shocking!!!!

F1, as dull as ditch water at the moment.

\

did you actually watch the US GP?  great racing

Yes, they even make a story called "hatgate". How desperate can you be for a story if a non-event like that becomes newsworthy?! And that ironically after a reasonably entertaining race. 

Who is this "they".  the hat thing was quite something actually - rosberg really made himself look very very small.  Hardly surprising the media have made a lot about this - same would have happened in any sport if someone behaved in that way.

\

did you actually watch the US GP?  great racing

Who is this "they".  the hat thing was quite something actually - rosberg really made himself look very very small.  Hardly surprising the media have made a lot about this - same would have happened in any sport if someone behaved in that way.

Yup, watched from lights to flag. Rain 'spiced' it up abit. Uum great racing, not so much. There was only ever going to be one winner, and it had a Merc badge on it.

Now compared to MotoGP where there are 4 guys who can win any given race and far more overtaking without artificial means, DRS I'm looking at you. MotoGP hell for leather for 20-25 laps, F1 Race engineer, " driver please conserve tires and fuel, lift and coast where possible"

Yup dull as ditch water.

A complete Ferrari meltdown yesterday.

It was nice to see a GP with a full house for a change

The longer this season drags on the more I think Ferrari made a huge mistake signing Raikkonen for another year. It's like his mind is somewhere else half the time. 

The longer this season drags on the more I think Ferrari made a huge mistake signing Raikkonen for another year. It's like his mind is somewhere else half the time. 

More so looking at guys like Verstappen, Sainz, Perez, etc.

Young guys hungry to succeed.

Would be great to be back in the pre 2000 era when there were only a handful of follow-up WC winners. Found it quite interesting to see that pre 2000 the only guy who won more than 2 in a row was Fangio and he did it in three different teams!

From all the talk and rule suggestions I figure F1 still does not get that all we want to see is a bunch of guys fighting it out at the front every Sunday AND Saturday.

MotoGP is having that this year and quite possibly next year, too. 

post-1575-0-73608200-1446545840_thumb.jpg

Even more interesting to see that only in Senna's back to back WC's (90/91) was the manufacturer of the winning driver's car also the manufacturer's champs. Sheet, give me more of that!